servers go down?

#1 - Jan. 16, 2014, 1:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
in LFR...and the this weird lag is happening...we are all still on talking in chat atm...
blizz turning the servers off?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Jan. 16, 2014, 1:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah we're tracking an issue that's causing what looks like a large portion of realms to either be down, or have unplayable lag. We're aware of the cause and working toward a speedy (knock on me) fix.

7:19 p.m. PST - Stuff is coming back up a bit slower than anticipated, we're estimating about 30 minutes right now.

8:01 p.m. PST - We ran into some issues with a few of the processes while bringing realms up. We're estimating another 15 minutes from this point, and really appreciate everyone's patience.

8:27 p.m. PST - Realms are on their way back up a few at a time. You should expect some minor lag and possible issues using cross-realm features until all realms are up and running. Thanks again for sticking it out, and our apologies for the interruption and unexpected delays.

8:56 p.m. PST - A smaller number of realms almost immediately went back down after coming up and we've been investigating the cause. We're unable to provide an estimate at the moment but will continue to provide updates as we find out more.

9:18 p.m. PST - Believe we've identified the cause and work is progression to bring affected realms back up. We're estimating 30-45 minutes from this point in time.

9:54 p.m. PST - The majority of realms are up but we're continuing to track a few issues that may be causing login issues or unavailable areas or instances. It should be expected that some in-game features that use cross-realm functionality also see some delays.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#142 - Jan. 16, 2014, 2:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're looking good. We've resolved the issue and are working on the process to bring realms back up now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#185 - Jan. 16, 2014, 2:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
01/15/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Kydoìme
So will FCM be up also, or is that still broke

That is still broke. Ongoing investigation not expected to be resolved today. Actually, thanks, I should go edit the sticky.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#259 - Jan. 16, 2014, 3:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Stuff is coming back up a bit slower than anticipated, we're estimating about 30 minutes right now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#559 - Jan. 16, 2014, 4:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just going to add updated to my OP from here on.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#714 - Jan. 16, 2014, 4:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, realms are on their way back up now. Give it a go.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#800 - Jan. 16, 2014, 4:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
(updated my OP)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#860 - Jan. 16, 2014, 4:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thread cap extended, and again updates are being provided in post #2.