More void storage... please?

#1 - Jan. 7, 2014, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm sure that there are many others in the same position that I'm am. My void storage is full. I'm one of the many folks that enjoy transmogging.

I've got a plethora of arms and armor at my disposal, and while not as often as initially, I still like changing up how this character looks.

My void storage had overflowed into my bank... because there just isn't enough space.

I'd gladly pay gold to increase my storage capacity.

Please consider adding more.

Thanks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#22 - Jan. 7, 2014, 8:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Even bandaid fixes for storage issues (ie more void storage) take time to develop and implement, so we'd prefer to spend that time working on solutions, like systems that hold your items and gear in new ways that don't actually use inventory slots. We announced the account-wide toy and heirloom systems at BlizzCon, as well as the ability to craft from your bank and bigger stack sizes for some items, and we've hinted at some slightly longer term plans for a gear collection/wardrobe feature that would help serve all the transmoggers out there in not just freeing up space but also providing the ability to easily track set collections - all of which will help in their own way with inventory management. While the toy and heirloom systems are planned for the launch of Warlords, the gear collection system will be a bit later. We expect the toy and heirloom systems will free up enough space for most people, as well as some (albeit bandaid-y) slightly larger bags in Warlords and attaching quest items to the quest log instead of as items to fill up your bags, will all help in the meantime.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - Jan. 7, 2014, 9:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Any idea if we will still be able to "use" Dartol's Rod of Transformation or Archmage Vargoth's Staff at will? The first one no longer has a quest associated with it. Will we get to keep it?

I've trashed most "toy" items, opting for transmog bag space. But I have no intention of getting rid of those 2 items, nor a few other old quest things I have.

We'll be handling each item on a case-by-case basis, and will be looking for everyone's help in identifying items that could/should be added to the toy box beyond the probably more obvious ones we already have flagged. It's largely going to be something solidified through testing and feedback.