Crossrealm hierloom suggestion

#1 - Jan. 25, 2013, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know theres limitations to mailing hierlooms, but are ther limits to what can be done with account wide quests?

Could repeatable quests that are account bound similar to the pet battle quests be created to effectivly transfer hierloom items from one server to another?

It would be a fairly simple quest, it requires "Hierloom Item A" and when turned in rewards "Hierloom Item A".

Possible problems with 2 different ways to handle the quest. One the quest removes the item from one characthers bag, for some reason the quest gets removed from the quest log, whether it's a bug or the player just deletes the quest, now the item is gone and the player is upset. Two the quest leaves the original item in the characthers bag, and creates a new item when the quest is turned in. I think the second option would be better as it would likely eliminate many tickets that would be put in for lost items. Though option two is also open to a little bit of abuse, a player could effectivly make infinite copies of any hierloom. I don't know if hierlooms can be vendored or disenchanted ( I don't think either, but not sure), though if they can, make them unsellable and unable to be disenchanted. Another possible abuse is that a player could get 2 weapons (main hand off hand) for the price of 1 weapon, or two trinkets, 2 rings, etc. While this changes some of the inital balance in pricing of items that the developers worked out, I think the benefits of happy custumers with cross realm hierlooms would out weight the difference of a few thousand Justice Points.

Anyone see any other potential ways that this could be abused, or are there technical limitations that would prevent this from working, or just game balance ideals that would prevent it from being implemented?
#12 - Dec. 10, 2013, 9:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking the necro. Please check the date of the thread before adding to it, folks.

Thanks!