Waiting in WOW...

#1 - Nov. 26, 2013, 8:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Like the post says, this is a thread about waiting while in-game. It is something alot of us do. More recently, we do a lot more waiting. It was fine in previous times when I could alt-tab and wait for the chime of the BG or RF to announce that I should rejoin WOW and begin playing, but now, without the sound to notify me that its time to play, I have to shrink the window and actually spend some amount of energy paying attention to what is going on.

I don't appreciate this. I don't like being "forced" in a way to leave WOW running while I sit there and wait for the things I do in-game that actually keep me subbing to WOW.

Why, did Blizz feel that not letting players alt-tab while waiting for things to "happen" is a good idea?

^ Please disregard (I feel like an idiot) sound background was unchecked, keep up the good work Blizz
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - Nov. 26, 2013, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ensure you still have the "Sound in Background" option ticked. Possible it became unchecked for you.

As far as "sitting around doing nothing", the benefit of having queues is that you can go around and do things while waiting for queues. That is a big benefit of the system. Before matchmaking you had to sit in a city and spam for a group, or go to the instance and hope other people were there who wanted to join up, and if the group failed for any reason that was usually the end of your chance to do that content and likely a lot of wasted time just trying to even make a group to begin to try to attempt it. If you're entering a queue and choosing not to do other things while waiting that's your choice, but it is a more liberating system, not less of one.