Feedback on new Character Models

#1 - Nov. 9, 2013, 2:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just thought I'd give some of my own personal feedback, to help ensure the new models look as awesome as possible!

Orcs:

- The face looks PERFECT when scowling, but a little too "human" when idle. Maybe different face-types could have different idle expressions? I want my Orc to look ready to go to war at a moment's notice!

- Their fingers look too "sausage-y". I'd like to see them appear a bit shorter and more muscular. Another suggestion, perhaps they should appear as closed fists when empty and standing idle?

- Personally, I'd like to see them stand a little more upright, but with a hulking posture. Not only would it look more intimidating, but then we might actually be able to see the details on their chest-armor or tabards!

- Their legs didn't seem quite as muscular. Might look better in armor, though.

- I'd really like the option to add some tattoos, perhaps repping various Clans? A black-jaw tattoo would also be pretty sweet, though understandable if not allowed.

- Please consider adding Mag'har skins for players to use, as well.

Dwarves:

- I'd like to see their upper-arms a bit more muscular.

- Maybe add just a *bit* more mass around their mid-section? They seemed a tiny bit thin.

- I'd also like to see Dwarves able to don tattoos, or at least war-paint.

- Perhaps also Dark Iron skins?

Undead:

- Honestly, you couldn't have done a better job! I love that they truly look like "normal people, but dead", instead of just "evil zombies".

- For Death Knights, perhaps add an upstanding, not-decayed version of the Undead as an optional choice? Alternatively, perhaps allow Undead DK's to use the new Human model, but restricted to "Death Knight skins"?

- Please include "less-rotted" options under the "Features". An Undead should never look completely living (save for the possible exception of DK's), but it would be nice to have the option of retaining more semblance of their lost humanity in the rest of the body, as well as an option to appear almost entirely decayed, if not skeletal.

Gnomes:

- Love what we've seen, but they seem extremely young-looking. We need some older-looking, and mean-looking facial choices.

Tauren:

- I know it's an early model, but they look way too "clean" and "soft". They need to look more rugged, and I *REALLY* don't like them having a "part" in the middle of their mane; it should remain a little messy-looking, in my opinion.

- I also hate the way their hands and fingers look. Seeing any sort of "flesh" is kind of off-putting on the Tauren, to me; I'd rather than remain furry even on their hands.

- I love the color shown, but I'd also like darker, duller colors to choose from, as well.

- Basically, I want a Tauren that looks exactly like the one from the original Vanilla cinematic; that was the most iconic version of them, to me.

Humans:

- We haven't seen them, but I'd like to add some suggestions here for them, anyways.

- More believable proportions, similar to Arthas in the WC3 and Wrath cinematics.

- They should be muscular, but lean, and have more slender wrists than other "beefy" races.

- Eyebrows should be tied to your face, *NOT* your beard-style.

- Please have variety in facial-hair styles, including more well-groomed options instead of *only* Leonidas-style beards.

- Maybe give them some Vrykul hair and beard styles.

Draenei:

- Please, for the love of GOD, restore the male Draenei's ORIGINAL Goatee!!! The one seen in the artwork, and Burning Crusade cinematic.

- For the Males, try to even-out their proportions every so slightly. The legs, in particular, seem woefully undersized compared to their massive upper-bodies. I like them being muscular, but they seem a bit disproportionate. Their artwork seemed to depict them as being taller, and thinner, though still incredibly lean.

- For some reason, their hands always seem to appear significantly darker than the rest of their skin. It just looks rather odd.

- I would also like the option of a much deeper, richer "Blue" skin-tone, more akin to the artwork, in addition to the other "softer" colors.

Worgen:

- Please make their feet look less "adorable". They should look super lean, matching their ferocious appearance.

- For some reason, like Draenei, their hands always appear discolored when compared to their actual fur-color. I don't know what the reasoning is there, but I don't really like it.

- For their "human-form", consider make their bodies slightly slimmer, representing Gilneans' being more of an aristocratic society than a hard-working one. Similarly, perhaps Undead DK's could use said thin-version?

- Others have suggested a tail. I quite like the idea, actually, provided it looks entirely canine; no "cutesy" stuff.

Goblins:

- Please give us an option for a big, toothy smile like they used to have!

Blood Elves:

- Males (and possibly the Females) have a cool posture, but it winds up making their shoulders appear uneven, or even "tilted". I'd like to see that aspect fixed.

- Males should get a a couple of new facial-hair styles. A full-goatee, and a long, Antonidas-like beard; those two alone would give them a lot more credibility.

- I don't know why, but the Male Stealth-movement animation looks kinda weird to me.

Night Elves:

- We haven't seen them, either, but I would like to see the Females totally redone. They need to look a lot more vicious, and far more lean and even a tad more muscular. Also, I'd like to see them with prominent fangs, like in the WC3 artwork (just not sticking-out when idle).

ALL Races:

- New Cloak models. I want larger, thicker-looking cloaks, like Arthas had, as well as other styles.

- Also, why limit Back-slot items to Cloaks? I prefer them overall, but maybe break up the monotony with things like Brew-kegs, War-banners, and other things. Could be for cool Class-reward ideas!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#45 - Nov. 14, 2013, 6:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the feedback. Keep in mind, the intent isn't to redesign the characters from the ground up. We're trying to improve upon them while still remaining true to the essence of the characters we've all known for so long. We're not just improving how they look, but we're also improving the animations, the flow of the hair and even how they sound when walking around the world.

We'll keep watching for feedback, but keep in mind these characters aren't just something that have been done overnight so any changes are going to add to the time that will be needed to work on them before they are released for play.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#48 - Nov. 14, 2013, 6:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for the feedback. Keep in mind, the intent isn't to redesign the characters from the ground up. We're trying to improve upon them while still remaining true to the essence of the characters we've all known for so long. We're not just improving how they look, but we're also improving the animations, the flow of the hair and even how they sound when walking around the world.

We'll keep watching for feedback, but keep in mind these characters aren't just something that have been done overnight so any changes are going to add to the time that will be needed to work on them before they are released for play.

No more delay! D:

Don't look at me! Look at all the folks who want more more more! ;) (We'll do our best though. Don't worry!)