Guild Naming Policies

#1 - Nov. 6, 2013, 2:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Resently on Argent Dawn there have been a spate of renames affecting long standing guilds.
the guild naming policy, specifically the part on ingame factions and lore references in guild names is ambiguous and requests to various GMs have resulted in differing responses, and responses that indicate that some of the guilds that have been renamed should not have.

can we have some clarification on the actual policy?

Also, what the hell blizz? guilds are being renamed left and right that are ambiguously against the rules, but guilds and players that are clearly breaking RP realm rules are ignored, even when reported many times?

EDIT: why has this been moved to general? this is clearly a customer support question pertaining to the ToS.
Forum Avatar
Community
#22 - Nov. 6, 2013, 4:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If it's brought to our attention that a character or guild name goes against our naming policy, we must unfortunately enforce the policy.

I say unfortunately because I know many of those affected recently are long-standing guilds who have existed without issue until now. We don't generally go looking for guilds that are breaking the rules, but once it's been brought to our attention, we must act.

When you create something with a name that goes against the naming policy, you're taking a risk right from the start that your name may be changed at some point. Sorry, I know this isn't much of a consolation for those of you who have found yourselves in re-named guilds after years.

At the same time, please understand that making multiple tickets or forum posts isn't going to help the situation. One well-presented thread with constructive thoughts is enough to get your point across.