Realms Unavailable - 10/28

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Oct. 29, 2013, 6:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're aware the below realms are currently unavailable and we're working to resolve the issue. We'll provide an update here in 30 minutes, or as more information becomes available.

Arathor
Azjol-Nerub
Bloodscalp
Bonechewer
Boulderfist
Bronzebeard
Crushridge
Daggerspine
Darkspear
Draenor
Dragonblight
Dragonmaw
Dunemaul
Eldre'Thalas
Feathermoon
Firetree
Frostmane
Gurubashi
Nathrezim
Perenolde
Scarlet Crusade
Shadow Council
Shadowsong
Silvermoon
Skywall
Smolderthorn
Spirestone
Stonemaul
Stormscale
Suramar
Terenas
Uldum
Windrunner

- -

Update - 11:38 PM PDT
We're continuing to investigate the issue that caused the above realms to go down. We're also aware additional realms may be experiencing delays and errors when accessing in-game content such as instances. We'll provide another update here as soon as additional information becomes available.

Update - 12:31 AM PDT, 10/29
Work continues on the below realms, but no estimate is currently available on when this issue will be resolved. We'll provide another update at 1:30 a.m. PDT, or as soon as additional information is available.

Update - 1:37 AM PDT, 10/29
We're continuing to investigate the cause, but there is no estimate for when the below realms will be available. We're also aware there could be slowdown, errors, or unavailable characters on realms not listed below. We appreciate your continued patience as we work to address these issues.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#51 - Oct. 29, 2013, 6:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I can't log on my toon that which the disconnection occurred on, but I can log on any other toons of the same realm/server. I hope that issue is fixed, especially considering she is my main :(

Possible that's a cache corruption issue due to addons not liking a disconnection. The instructions here will remove all your addons, so that's a last resort, first try disabling all addons before logging in. If that work try only deleting/renaming your Cache folder, and then go into your WTF folder and rename the folder for the affected character. If that works you can try replacing the backed-up character WTF folder.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#98 - Oct. 29, 2013, 7:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/28/2013 11:58 PMPosted by Kráwl
Kept getting aborted transfer error cross realm server down. Could not log out had to hard close the game. Now I am unable to play my main. Says world server is down but all my other characters are playable.

I won't dare propose my unknowing guesses as fact, but it's possible that characters in cross-realm situations (zones/instances/groups/etc.) could be affected due to the specifics of the issue at-hand. Investigation continues, and we're in the process of escalating it to a larger group of people.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#183 - Oct. 29, 2013, 9:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We're nearing the previously scheduled maintenance time of 3am PDT for the implementation of patch 5.4.1. While we're making good progress, the current plan requires that all realms come down for the 3am scheduled maintenance. We'll let you know if the current issues impact maintenance times.