extra option for LFR?

#1 - Oct. 19, 2013, 10:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Would be nice if there was an extra option for LFR (and for dungeons?)
like "enter for sure" cos sometimes if i que like 1 hour and go get some coffe
or i go to wc and when i come back i have been returned from LFR que cos
i didint accept! This is lame... this expra option would fix this issue! :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#21 - Oct. 22, 2013, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
19/10/2013 12:11Posted by Neiass
I've noticed that the queue always pops right after you leave the computer to get something to drink.
Devs have been experimenting with sentient “troll” code from some time now…

Seriously though, adding such an option would only cause more issues than it would solve.
19/10/2013 11:26Posted by Berou
Imagine entering a raid and everyone is AFK

No one likes queues right?
We're always trying to improve the queue times by adjusting anything that might influence players’ behaviour in positive ways.
In the end though, queues are something really simple, and unless we completely revamp standard raid requirements for heal/damage/tank slots, there’s only so much that devs can do…

The system has improved quite a lot since early days though. We’ve dynamically added goodie bags to the most “needed” class specializations, added the option to queue with one specialization and loot with another, and tweaked around with the goodie bags loot in order to make it more enticing.
But, at the end of the day, queues are made up of players and player choices, and this is very tricky thing to solve, it begins with getting the right answers to the right questions.

For example, if you try to find out why are tanks always in high demand you’ll probably get very mixed responses.
-Is it less exciting to play a tank than other specs?
-Do they gear up faster than other specs? If so, why? (might lead to circular argument)
-Is it the “higher” responsibility of tanking/leading?
-Is it because they only have a few slots and that makes players afraid they won’t get guild spots?

If you have any other questions and/or answers please do share them with us, this could actually make an interesting discussion.
Forum Avatar
Community
#46 - Oct. 23, 2013, 3:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Two ideas that would make the queue less frustrating (for dps especially)

1. If you join midway through an instance once you finish it you are placed back at the front of the queue for a fresh instance of that wing.

2. First time you miss the invite you are paused for a few minutes then placed back at the front of the queue rather than just removed.

Cool suggestions ;)

23/10/2013 08:28Posted by Nydoria
I imagine many people don't like to stand out and have their success or failure be so visible to everyone else. No-one likes having other people notice his mistakes. DPS is more forgiving in the sense that failing, aka doing lower dps or dying outright is far less crippling to a group than a bad healer or tank.
I think you're on to something here. Just not sure how big a role does it play in the whole issue.

Some very interesting points have been made so far; please do keep it going if you have anything you’d like to share with us.
I’ll be sure to pass along your feedback and suggestions to the devs.