How did leveling ever go so far down the gutter ?

#1 - Oct. 17, 2013, 12:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Leveling is ruined beyond comprehension by the mind-blowing lack of challenge.

New players do need a tutorial zone to understand basic mechanisms (1-5), then intermediate mechanisms (5-10).
But I believe the designer in charge actually mistook "beginner" for "4 years old kid". Right now, dungeons and quests (without heirloom gear) are tuned at about the right difficulty for players who would only use their autoattack (and let's say the first healing spell for healers in dungeons). Simply spamming your level 1 spell already makes you "outnumber" the whole content.

It feels like a huge, sad waste to see all the work that was poured into quests, dungeons mechanics with interesting bosses etc. just go down the drain because "raw numbers" are simply crazy wrong.

If you really feel that there should be a way to level up from 1 to 85 without having to do anything more than autoattack (which does in my opinion sounds kinda contemptuous towards your playerbase), at least make sure there are other ways available with an acceptable level of challenge.
Right now, it's just disgusting.
Forum Avatar
Community
#9 - Oct. 17, 2013, 3:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's already an active thread about this, so I'm going to lock this one. As always, we continue to pass on all constructive feedback :)