Brewfest annoys me. Holidays annoy me.

#0 - Sept. 30, 2009, 4:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I hate passing through the brewfest area, hearing those stupid goblins scream and shout.

The whole idea of these "holidays" just pisses me off. They are gimmicks.

They dont belong in this game. They belong in The Sims or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

I'd like to kill undead and dragons instead of running around on a ram tosing barrels or mending broken hearts and looking for candy or looking for easter eggs. Easter Eggs?? Seriously?

Give us events that are Warcraft related, not Hallmark related.

Zombie invasions, silithid invasions, things like that.

Thanks
#33 - Sept. 30, 2009, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There should be no Holidays.

There is a war going on.

Perhaps you haven't heard of the stories of both sides in the trenches celebrating Christmas during World War I?

Cultures keep their celebrations even in times of war... especially in times of war. It serves as a reminder of what they fight for: a coming together of their peoples in joy and ease. Holidays carry with them memories of happier or safer times with family and friends. These traditions are very much a part of how cultures function and, indeed, connect across hostile boundaries.

Holidays very much belong in a world where the factions are at war. Celebration and tradition are a core part of a living, breathing culture, and levity is important and refreshing to the mind under stress.