CP cap bug fixed, but people still have grievous gear

#1 - Sept. 20, 2013, 11:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Title. The vendors are now back up again, so go buy your gear. Blizzard also unfortunately screwed up and people that were lucky enough to get the CP bug can already buy full gear.

I hope you realize that this is completely unacceptable in pretty much every single possible way; some people getting full gear right away in the season because of a bug while others, like me, have a 2.2k cap on all my characters, meaning i'll be behind 26 ilvls for months until I finally catcht up with the lucky few.

The lucky few that got this bug and actually capped it completely have such a huge advantage right now by being 26 ilvls higher than everyone else, making them literally unkillable in arena. You basically can't lose when the difference in gear is that big.

If you let this slip you have literally ruined the entire season and it's probably the final nail in the coffin for pvp in this game. You MUST fix this.

<Snip - Removed>

He's just one out of hundreds.

UPDATE: We've gotten a blue on this matter on the german forums. Post found by Thornass:

We can absolutely understand that you are upset because some players have purchased more equipment than was intended. However, as my colleague has already written, we will investigate these cases exactly latest and act accordingly. Players who have benefited from this mistake should not too much accustomed to their new equipment.

Please bring your feedback on this topic here exclusively. We are close to all the other posts and link to here. Please also read, no player in the forum to denounce, by their example, Arsenal linked profiles (see forum rules). We need to these incidents no evidence of you, but are already in possession of all necessary information.

I also changed the thread's title to something more appropiate. Sorry for any confusion caused.

UPDATE 2013/09/24: grievous weapons have now a level requirement of 91, making them unusuable for now. Bandaid fix to make arenas less horrible until the real fix comes.
Forum Avatar
Community
#449 - Sept. 24, 2013, 9:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
23/09/2013 17:48Posted by Vlazzir
give everyone full s14 gear - problem solved.
We won't be granting full Grievous gear to all players, in fact those that acquired gear from the increased cap should not get too fond of holding onto it. We plan on dealing with this matter appropriately, however we cannot elaborate on our plans at this time.

23/09/2013 18:36Posted by Ayano
I'm starting to get very concerned about this, still nothing and it's been days now. Come on Blizzard, shape up.
We'll be communicating on our plans as soon™ as possible. Taking gear away is a very delicate process and one which we definitely don't want to jump in to, too hastily, the same goes for any other actions we may take. We've recently changed the level requirement on the Grievous weapons to ensure that people cannot use them for the time being and we're looking into what else we can do to resolve this situation.

We understand that this is a frustrating situation for everyone, but we ask for your patience while we deal with this matter further. I've also increased the posting limit for this thread, so please feel free to continue discussing this topic.
Forum Avatar
Community
#561 - Sept. 26, 2013, 7:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello again all,

As some of you are aware, Lore recently created a post on the US forums that details what happened over the past week relating to the Conquest cap and the Grievous Gear that has been earned by some players. He explains what exactly why this issue occurred as well as what we have done and plan on doing about the situation. You can find the details of his post both here, and below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problems started with an error in calculating the season "catch-up cap". As you may know, this cap is calculated on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, for some players, these calculations began before Season 14 had officially begun. So, when the season did start, those players essentially had an entire season’s worth of catch-up credit added onto their normal weekly cap of 2200.

As soon as we recognized the error, we despawned the Conquest vendors while we worked on and tested a hotfix to correct the artificially inflated Conquest caps (and remove extra Conquest that had been earned). We also created a hotfix that was intended to solve the initial error with the catch-up calculations during maintenance in other regions, but were unable to apply it before the issue had spread to other regions.

Once the hotfix to correct Conquest caps was completed, it was applied to all regions, and the Conquest vendors were respawned. At the time, we believed that the hotfix would take effect without realm restarts. That, unfortunately, did not turn out to be the case, so over the weekend, a number of players were able to acquire several pieces of gear that they should not have otherwise been able to. On top of that, a small number of players were able to earn the Grievous Conquest achievement, which then allowed them to purchase Conquest gear with Honor points.

We’ve since been working hard to correct our mistakes, and as of right now, here’s where we stand:

• All players who had an inflated Conquest cap have had those caps corrected
  • The Grievous Conquest achievement vendors have been despawned temporarily, as no one should have access to them through normal play at this time
  • The Grievous Gladiator weapons have had their level requirement hotfixed to 91 temporarily, as no one should have access to them through normal play at this time

However, there is still the matter of the extra gear that some of these players were able to obtain. We need to remove this extra gear to maintain a level playing field for all of our players, but we also have to be extremely careful not to remove extra gear that players earned legitimately (as drops from world bosses, for example). To that end, here’s what we’re planning to do:

• We’ve already begun manually investigating players with multiple pieces of Grievous Conquest gear, starting with the most abusive cases
  • For less abusive cases, we intend to apply a hotfix during the next maintenance period that should clean up any remaining extra gear
  • This hotfix will also remove the Grievous Conquest achievement from those who have earned it prematurely
  • In both cases, our plan is to convert excess Grievous gear into its Tyrannical equivalent, to ensure that no players are accidentally left without an item in a given slot

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, and are working around the clock to fix things as quickly and cleanly as possible. Thank you for your patience.