Login/Character Retrieval Issues

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Sept. 16, 2013, 11:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We're aware that some realms are currently unavailable and/or slow when retrieving a character list, and we're in the process of investigating and resolving the issue. We'll provide further updates as they become available.

Update 4:56pm PDT: Our Engineers are in the process of restarting the affected realms and are continuing to investigate the issue.

Update 5:52pm PDT: The investigation process is continuing. No additional information available at this time.

Update 5:58pm PDT: We're now attempting to bring the affected realms back up.

Update 6:15pm PDT: Affected realms should be back online. Thank you for your patience.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#49 - Sept. 17, 2013, 12:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/16/2013 05:34 PMPosted by Stasiya
Looks like some gankers got into the server rooms and sacrificed them to Ordos for extra bloody coins.

Good one! But seriously, our Engineers are investigating the login issues and I'll post more info as soon as it's available.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#76 - Sept. 17, 2013, 12:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/16/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Timelord
1.5 hours later, there should be an update by now. A full team of engineers working on it and all the update is "We are aware of an issue..." Yes the player base was aware of the issue about 30 minutes prior to a post on the server status page. Server is working fine, then goes down. What was done on your end Blizzard that caused this?

Update 5:52pm PDT: The investigation process is continuing. No additional information is available at this time.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#103 - Sept. 17, 2013, 1:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Update 5:58pm PDT: We're in the process of bringing the affected realms back up.

I'll still be monitoring the situation and it may be a little while longer until all the realms are back online.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#135 - Sept. 17, 2013, 1:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/16/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Timelord
No no, they didn't say they were done fixing the problem, just in the process of bringing the servers back up in the HOPES that they are actually fixed.

It wasn't my witty banter and magnetic personality that drew all of you to keep me company in this thread? #hopesdashed
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#143 - Sept. 17, 2013, 1:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The affected realms should all be back online.

Please try to login and if I don't hear from you I'd like to thank you for your patience and take it as a sign that it's working.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#151 - Sept. 17, 2013, 1:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post

Rygarius..

This SAME issue happened to several realms last night (EDIT: for a MUCH LONGER period of time); Thrall included. It royally screwed up our progress on Garrosh, and as a consequence we're having to cancel all kinds of IRL plans just to make sure we get him down. Fine. That's the price we have to pay. However, we would really like an explanation of what exactly has been happening, especially after today. Would you be able to help us understand?

As an aside, there were several raging people in my guild hoping that this wave wouldn't effect our servers again. Glad to see it didn't.

The priority was to get everything running again. I'm not an Engineer or Technician, so my understanding of the situation is limited. Something happened that required the realms to be taken offline, the issue got fixed, and players on the affected realms can log back in again now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#155 - Sept. 17, 2013, 1:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/16/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Maxerintia
How come only some servers are affected, and others fine?

The issue affected realms belonging to a particular(same) Battlegroup.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#156 - Sept. 17, 2013, 1:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/16/2013 06:58 PMPosted by GriƩf
You all say its still working. I'm happy for you, and unfortunately GM's can't cater to a single person. (such as myself). I can't play the game due to login issues and lag that has not stopped since this situation came up about 2 hours ago.

Please get in touch with Customer Service, they'll be able to better assist with your login issues.