Nobody understands what i'm trying to do here

#1 - Sept. 13, 2013, 2:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"OMG UR GEAR ISNT ENCHANTED OR GEMMED OR REFORGED OR UPGRADED U ARE A TOTAL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBB"

...i'm going to do all that once I get my tier, what's the point of wasting gold on non-tier gear that you have? I mean, you'd get the tier if you do flex or LFR, because that's another reason I call it hell. Why do I do LFR? So I can get those hardcores and casuals off my back, and get on with my account. Here are two reasons why I hate it.

One, because it's hell anyway.

And two, I'm yelled at for not having enchants or gems, because my gear currently is CRAP, and i'm trying to change it.

Whenever I say that, they're all stubborn.

"LOL N00B TRYING TO HIDE YOUR N00BNESS WHY DONT YOU GO BACK TO DORA TEH EXPLORER THIS IS A GAME THAT'S NOT FOR KIDS"

I just facepalm whenever I see something identical to that.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#32 - Sept. 13, 2013, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I get ya, and I pass on gems and enchants for crappier gear sometimes, buuuuuuuut 502 I'd personally say you should be gemming and enchanting. You're clearly OK with spending Valor on upgrading the items that you think are crap, and for me Valor is more valuable than a few hundred gold. Maybe don't buy the best gems, or necessarily get all the enchants, but at least make an effort. Encounters and game difficulty is balanced around the ilvl of your gear, and the ilvl of your gear is balanced around the inclusion of (at least) gems. The ilvl of an item determines a stat budget, and that stat budget is spent on literal stats (+Str/Int/etc.) but also sockets, so if you leave those sockets open you're making your gear a lot worse than it's intended to be for that ilvl. Buy some cheaper gems, get some of the cheaper enchants, be a little better, done.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#48 - Sept. 13, 2013, 7:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/13/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Morgam
I obviously gotta work on my gold making.

Not having any professions might be hurting you a bit in that regard, either needing to pay for everything, and/or not being able to sell anything of your own gathering/creation.

09/13/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Morgam
And the good weapon enchants all sell for several thousand gold and I can't afford to pick up a new one every single time I get a new weapon.

That's why I don't buy the best enchants every time. Determine how long you think you'll have that item, and base your investment on that.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#119 - Sept. 14, 2013, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/13/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Mysheildbrok
So you just made two professions (enchanting and Jewelcrafting) mandatory for everyone. If you are tuning for gear around enchants and gems then how about having a vendor available with cheap gems and enchants?

We tune around assumptions of gearing and ability with a wide range of item levels and skill for the various content difficulties throughout the game. Whether someone buys all the best gems and enchants or doesn't use any, we have to tune for something, and where that tuning is depends on the type of person that content is targeted at.

Expecting people to interact with one another to achieve goals in an MMO isn't a far-out notion, and I would say is at the core of what the game is. The fact that you don't have to physically go to another player to achieve a lot of these actions is already freeing you from the weighty burdens of having to (ew) talk to other humans, but asking for them to be completely removed from any kind of player interaction and just put on a vendor... I have to ask, what are your expectations of this game?