5.4 feels underwhelming...:(

#1 - Sept. 11, 2013, 5:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After last night 5.4 feels a bit...well disappointing. I came home last night late so I only had 15min before raid to get flasks and head out. To my surprise 1/2 of my raid was in Legendary cloaks....the first reaction was ...o.0 the frack...It took several weeks for the gem, several weeks for the socket, several weeks for the meta....months for the dam cloak cause RNG titan rune drops.....1h for the legendary upgrade. I mean I was fine that SoO had catch up mechanics for the legendary quests...only natural given where we are...but common at least make it so you have to kill Garrosh for the bloody thing....

That brings me to the next point...so far the difficulty of SoO seems a joke. I feel like normal is under-tuned and it's like we were running flex. One shot first two, had dc's and stupidity for the 3rd so that took a bit of time but overall i think under 10-12 wipes (some were quick). Sha was also under 7-8 wipes. While we had people lag out and fixing [removed] and taking a 15min break a friend of mine is 7/14. This feels like an easier version of DS all over again.

inb4 "har har normals are a joke talk to me when you clear heroic" but if i recall Horridon in ToT > first 4 in SoO. I've killed Jinrok and Horridon pre-nerfs. Those fights took some effort and was challenging but we still did it. Hell even Horridon with the 10man "nerf" was hard then this. Talking with few people most say that Magera was hard the first time around than the first 7! In PTR for ToT NO ONE killed Lei Shen. In SoO PTR people were wiping @ 2% ON PURPOSE so others can see the fight.

I am just a bit disappointed with how easy it is to get the cloak and with how of a cake walk normal SoO is. I mean we have LFR we now have Flex and with those are a scaled down from normal then LFR will feel like a 5man. It is too easy. People are not supposed to be 7/14 or more after one night of raiding. Lei Shen world first normal took a week and at this pace it looks like it will be killed either tonight or tomorrow and that is sad.

I still like WoW and I found SoO to be a cool looking and interesting mechanics raid so far. The concepts are solid....I just wish they were harder.

Please refrain from using masked language. http://battle.net/community/conduct
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - Sept. 11, 2013, 8:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/11/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Demontemplar
I mean I was fine that SoO had catch up mechanics for the legendary quests...only natural given where we are...but common at least make it so you have to kill Garrosh for the bloody thing....

We thought it'd be cooler to actually be able to use the cloak while progressing in 5.4 content rather than get it when you're all done.

09/11/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Demontemplar
That brings me to the next point...so far the difficulty of SoO seems a joke. I feel like normal is under-tuned and it's like we were running flex. One shot first two

Tuning of the first few bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar is intentional. Keep going.