So just did flex SoO's first wing.

#1 - Sept. 10, 2013, 10:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I honestly didn't have to really pay attention to anything, mechanics were harmless for the most part, if you simply respect Kill adds > Kill boss order bosses just fall over.

Disapointing, if this is what Flex is going to be, why do we need LFR again? I mean the difficulty is fine by itself but do we really need something UNDER that? Flex also rewards great gear, better than Heroic ToT that was a pretty harsh tier.

Just makes little sense to me to introduce a second LFR.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#71 - Sept. 11, 2013, 12:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/10/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Griever
I honestly didn't have to really pay attention to anything, mechanics were harmless for the most part, if you simply respect Kill adds > Kill boss order bosses just fall over.

Siege of Orgrimmar has a much smoother progression than Throne of Thunder, so we expect most groups that were able to get even halfway through ToT to be able to deal with the first few bosses without too much trouble.

Secondly though, it sounds and -checking your gear- looks like Flex isn't for you, and you should stick to Normal/Heroic where you're already comfortable progressing.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#99 - Sept. 11, 2013, 12:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/10/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Griever
What do you think about the potential burnout issues though? I thought 10man and 25man raiding sharing lockout was exactly to prevent this but now we're having 3 different modes with different lockouts wich is likely to cause the same issues.

Watcher posted a very long thing about 5.4 gearing a couple months ago, so I'm not going to repeat all of that.

I will quote one of the paragraphs for your pleasure:

07/19/2013 10:56 PMPosted by Watcher
Now, will it be worth it to run Flexible mode as a Heroic raider if you're chasing after a specific amazing trinket, or trying to get your fourth set piece to complete your bonus? Yes, it probably will. But I suspect that the same would have been true if Flexible mode dropped item level 536 loot, or 534, or nearly any reasonable value that would still be an attractive reward to a majority of the playerbase. And that should be a short-term commitment, maybe focused on the specific wing in which your item lies, until you either obtain it or its Normal-mode equivalent. In the long-run, Heroic raiders will be progressing in Heroic mode, and Normal raiders will be progressing in Normal mode.