An open letter to Zarhym.

#1 - Sept. 10, 2013, 7:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Dear Zarhym,

Your jokes are awful, and you are quite the terrible companion. When I was choked back into the real world all you did was turn tail and run, only to not be found again. You are a not a true friend.

Love,
Disgruntled Orc.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Sept. 10, 2013, 8:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
No, but that's a real nice ski mask!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#43 - Sept. 10, 2013, 10:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Zarhym,
I no longer regret sitting on your corpse in bear from on the PTR. In fact, I will do it again.

On a side note, I appreciate having a career where it's normal for a customer to say to me, "I no longer regret sitting on your corpse."
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - Sept. 10, 2013, 10:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Now, on topic, I have to ask, did they let Zarhym write the dialog for this in-game appearance himself, or was it ghostwritten on his behalf?

I got to name the achievement and write his battlecry. Both are references to people who have inspired me.

I didn't write the jokes. They were already implemented and it was a little too late to go mucking around with so many strings in the patch (after string lockout), particularly since they all had to be localized for every language we support.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#46 - Sept. 10, 2013, 10:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/10/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Sadir
I came in and asked why on a patch day the ONLY response seen on Forums would be to do with something that has NOTHING to do with the patch..

Correct. That's what you did. And we don't condone people jumping in and derailing threads because the subject matter isn't what they want to see discussed, or telling us how we should be doing our jobs. Your posts in this thread have been removed for being off-topic.

Now, back to talking about this sweet new Zarhym NPC everyone loves so much...