Saylin Battle Banner disabled in raids

#1 - Sept. 4, 2013, 1:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Salyin Battle Banner can no longer be used to avoid a complete wipe, mass res and save some time. Stealth change or bug?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Sept. 4, 2013, 2:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The Salyin Battle Banner can no longer be used inside of raid instances. The item can still be used in regular dungeons, Scenarios, and in non-instanced areas.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - Sept. 4, 2013, 2:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/03/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Zelinei
Wow, fast reply. Any reason for the change?

The change was made to address a raid exploit.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - Sept. 4, 2013, 2:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
09/03/2013 07:24 PMPosted by Omegal
Any thought of applying it only to the current raid zones though. A flat disable in ANY raid seems too punitive, especially considering some boss solo strats literally use the banner as part of the strat.

Damnit, it was fun while it lasted. :(

If you're able to answer, was it a specific exploit, or just covering many small nuisances? (or both?)

I used to use it for dropping my threat during progression, so I wouldn't get mauled during berserk -- much like in Cata -- specifically Chimeron, hunters would Distracting Shot, Deterrence, then Feign Death to buy the raid a precious bit of time (right before berserk). I would be able to rocket boost away, banner right before the boss go in range, and buy some time. (used this of Horridon specifically.)

We can't comment on specifics. But I'll keep an eye on the change affecting attempts on raid content from previous expansions.