To all 90s who gank levelers

#1 - Aug. 13, 2013, 7:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You are a bunch of pathetic noobs.
Grow some balls already.
And the fact blizz doesnt intent to do anything about this issue is beyond me.
WPVP is cool when its between players at equal level, NOT when some nolife/skill/brain lvl 90s gank levelers.
Some may reply, dont roll on a pvp server if you dont wanna pvp.
*sigh* Im sorry for you, that you got low selfesteem and need to 1shot some players who have no chance to defend themselves, so that you can feel better about yourself, and tell your mom how awsome you are and get a cookie.
As I said before, i enjoy wpvp, but not this way, its just stupid.

Imo it would be awsome if blizz made it so that players was devided in the same brackets as in BGs. If a player isnt in the same bracket as you, you cant attack him/her.
Forum Avatar
Community
#50 - Aug. 14, 2013, 2 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First of all, please keep it civil people. Please try to stay cool when hitting that reply button, because you will not be taken seriously if you resort to hotheaded personal attacks and name-calling.

And the fact blizz doesnt intent to do anything about this issue is beyond me.

This issue was taken into account when we first launched the game, and the solution we found best at the time was to open PvE realms, where people can level and quest in peace without fear or frustrations caused by ganking or corpse-camping. You can still engage in PvP on PvE realms whenever you want, as long as all parties consent to it of course.

Whenever I see low levels with PvP toggled, I do attack, and hope for them to bring their main! :D

I can totally understand why this can cause great frustration to some, especially as getting killed in this manner can be very disruptive and rage inducing when you are in the middle of something, but one should never forget that this is and always has been part of life on PvP realms.

On the flip side, situations like this one have the potential to result in great world-PvP as the low level "victim" may log in on a higher level character and/or call for friends/guildies for revenge.
Forum Avatar
Community
#61 - Aug. 14, 2013, 2:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I never kill low levels not unless they kill mine, then they get my Death knight or hunter on them and I WILL find them to Obliterate them by any means necessary. Believe it!

/tiphat
How sportsmanlike of you good sir :-)

PvP realms have never been about fairness or honourable and mutually consensual combat though, because that is what PvE realms are for. I guess that is why it can be such an "emotional" roller-coaster ride for some people who play on PvP realms, because you never know if an enemy player is honourable or a merciless. But, not knowing if an enemy player will attack you or not is intended to be a part of the excitement on PvP realms.

But I can understand that now community is not what it was and world pvp is not the same. There is no sense of support from a guild. One has to survive alone and bear the ganking.

The community has changed a lot in many ways over the years, and so have the realms themselves. A lot of population have shifted, and a much larger portion of the playerbase today is engaged in end-game content than back in the day.

Random world PvP may have become more rare these days, and I know that some people are trying to provoke or encourage more of it to happen by ganking lowbies, but I also know that we have groups of players dedicated to world PvP and these players have organised on some realms to create world PvP events on a regular basis. Some of these players are sometimes recruiting on the Looking for Players – PvP
Forum Avatar
Community
#67 - Aug. 14, 2013, 3:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so sod your enjoyment of trying to level up another char & enjoying a new class, were not going to do anything about your problem, so deal with it.
gj blizz.

The thing is, we do not really see it as an actual problem. The reason why we do not see it as an actual problem is that we have always had a solution (in the form of PvE realms) for the people who find no enjoyment in getting unfairly killed by higher level players and who wants fair PvP.

Sometimes I feel that real issue is not actually ganking on PvP realms, but that PvE realms have not been named Fair-PvP realms instead ;-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#76 - Aug. 14, 2013, 3:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was wondering if you guys are aware that the whole "gank low level issue" started once you added CRZ to the game?

I would rather say that it returned once we added CRZ to the game.
Forum Avatar
Community
#296 - Aug. 16, 2013, 7:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
15/08/2013 23:06Posted by Cridruid
You don't get to make up the rules, Blizzard does.

True, but we're allowed to post our suggestions to how to improve them.

You are of course always allowed to post your suggestions on how to improve things. :-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#309 - Aug. 16, 2013, 8:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
16/08/2013 08:43Posted by Snowraven
You are of course always allowed to post your suggestions on how to improve things. :-)

It's interesting to get you to reply to me.

Just a quickie, does our postings about improving have any impact on current World PvP mechanics and rules, or are you just laughing behind the screen at us?

Serious suggestions are never laughed at, so please don't ever feel discouraged from posting suggestions because you think it might get laughed at.

Player suggestions gets forwarded to the developers all the time, and even though they might not necessarily get implemented, the suggestions are never ignored. Suggestions can serve as great feedback that describes the kind of issues people might take with parts of the game, so even if they might not agree with a particular suggestion to deal with an issue, the suggestion can still influence or inspire the developers in how they end up shaping or implementing solutions and features.
Forum Avatar
Community
#314 - Aug. 16, 2013, 9:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
16/08/2013 10:00Posted by Nahtaivel
Serious suggestions are never laughed at, so please don't ever feel discouraged from posting suggestions because you think it might get laughed at.

What's more likely to get read, forum suggestions or those submitted through the in-game suggestion box? Since I doubt Blues read through every thread.

Our forums are very active, so there is indeed a chance that we might miss suggestions posted in some threads, something that doesn't happen if you use the in-game tool. However, if you wish to discuss or refine your suggestion with other players, then the forum is probably the better place to post.