Response to State of the Game

#1 - Aug. 8, 2013, 10:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The following that I would like to see:

1) More Community Team Fireside Duels. Zeriyah was awesome in her debut, need more thoughts/strategies/etc. It was very nice to see a lady enjoying something usually dominated by guys. Break those stereotypes! Show people Hearthstone is for everyone and not just the usual demographic.

2) Official tournaments. There will be a section of the player base that wants this. I know I want it and would love to see an official in game tournament system along side the more casual game modes.

3) Spectator mode, which will go hand in hand with the tournament stuff so players can see what the "Hearthstone Pro's" use and how they play.

4) A fun 3+ player mode or two.

5) Down the road a companion app for smartphones/ipad/etc would be really nice to show collections, play the game on the go, change decks, edit profiles, etc.

6) More awesome Warcraft music. I would love to be able to buy a great soundtrack from the game, digital or physical release doesn't matter to me.

7) Promotional tie-ins with WoW would be awesome. Extra mounts/pets/vanity items, etc for having WoW and Hearthstone accounts. You could even do the reverse, special cards for having max level characters in WoW or for completing dungeons and raids in WoW, etc.

8) The Arena ideas and changes are great! Love the idea's put forth for that mode. I will be playing a lot of Arena matches. Yes, I will draft the all Fireball deck if it works out that way!

9) Polish, polish, polish the game. I can wait for full release once its ready. Don't be the crew at Blizzard to break that status quo. I want this game to launch to critical acclaim and not suffer like SWTOR did with half a game ready at launch.

10) Definitely more hero's and the remaining class types from both alliance/horde side.

11) Same day updates to Hearthstone of new features when WoW expansions release. This would be awesome if it could be done. Like if a new character type comes out, you could jump into Hearthstone and play as that hero the same day.

12) More art like wallpapers/concept drawings, etc. for fan sites to incorporate into their websites or for people to use on to customize their computer/ipad.

Thats all I can think of at the time. Thanks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Aug. 8, 2013, 10:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed the stream even though I was a bit nervous and extremely excited to get the chance to show people how awesome Hearthstone is. Lots of mistakes were made on my end, but in the end I had a great time showing the game off to the community and that's what matters! The deck was certainly to show one aspect of what Warlocks can do (summon demons) and wasn't necessarily meant to be the ultimate Warlock deck by any means. :)

We've had a lot of talk on the forums on the various features that you'd like to see in the game's future, and we're keeping track of them. Thanks again!