Cloak goes from 608 Epic to 600 Legendary

#1 - Aug. 2, 2013, 1:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After finishing my legendary quest chain, I was a little depressed that it downgraded my 608 (2/2) epic cloak to 600. While the legendary proc does make up for the difference, it seems odd to finally finish this cloak (something we've been working on since the start of the expansion), just to see it has much lower overall stats than a 608 epic version of the cloak.

I thought this was a bug, but i've seen a few people mention this is actually intended and that we won't be able to upgrade it.

So here's my plea... Please allow us to upgrade the cloak, or make the legendary cloak's base ilvl 608.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - Aug. 2, 2013, 7:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/02/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Tyrindor
I thought this was a bug, but i've seen a few people mention this is actually intended and that we won't be able to upgrade it.

That's actually incorrect. The legendary cloak will be upgradable.

We're also discussing some options for preserving the upgrade status, but it's a tricky issue to solve (mostly for tech-related reasons) so I can't make any guarantees there.

UPDATE: There's been a very slight change of plans. Our current thinking is to either start the Legendary cloak off at 2/2 upgraded (regardless of whether you upgraded the Epic cloak or not), or just have it set to 608 item level and disable upgrades for it. If we do decide to make one of those changes, the cloak will not be upgradable further than item level 608.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - Aug. 2, 2013, 7:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/02/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Blizzhoof
I know this is slightly off-topic, but can we turn in our cape for a new one or have the ability to choose which cape we want to make Legendary?

I'm not completely sure how things are set up in the build that's going up today, but our intent is actually that you'll be able to acquire multiple Legendary cloaks, if you like. So, if you wanted, you could actually get one for both your Protection and Retribution spec :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - Aug. 2, 2013, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As an update, there's been a very slight change of plans. Our current thinking is to either start the Legendary cloak off at 2/2 upgraded (regardless of whether you upgraded the Epic cloak or not), or just have it set to 608 item level and disable upgrades for it. If we do decide to make one of those changes, the cloak will not be upgradable further than item level 608.

Apologies for the misinformation earlier :)