Horde griefing on stormrage

#1 - July 27, 2013, 12:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why is this allowed on a PVE server? The few horde that exist on my server gank lowbie quest givers and we have to wait 5 mintues only for them to spawn and be killed again, I can't reach level 15 on my alt to be able to get into dungeons this way.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#8 - July 27, 2013, 1:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why is this allowed on a PVE server? The few horde that exist on my server gank lowbie quest givers and we have to wait 5 mintues only for them to spawn and be killed again, I can't reach level 15 on my alt to be able to get into dungeons this way.

To be clear, that it is a PvE realm does not mean that PvP is prohibited or even discouraged, it simply means that it is mostly optional. So if you visit a contested zone on a PvE realm you will not automatically be flagged for PvP combat.

While the term 'Griefing" is often used in these situations, attacking and killing an NPC within the normal mechanics of the game is not generally considered to be against policy. Nor is it usually a situation in which our In-Game support staff would be able to intervene. If the NPC is able to be attacked, that is by design. For the most part any changes to how this works would need to be addressed by our Developers.

Now, if such activity is occurring for extended periods of time, our staff may be able to look into it further but these situations are extremely conditional.

If this has been going on for awhile feel free to submit a ticket and report it, our support staff will look into the matter and take whatever actions are appropriate.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.