Death Threats

#1 - July 26, 2013, 12:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This is a reminder that we take threats made against other players, against our employees, and of self-harm extremely seriously.

We realize that there can be stressful and trying moments in the game or when interacting with others, but there is no acceptable time to go beyond the boundaries of the game and threaten others with real-life harm.

If someone is found to be making a real-life threat, we will report it to the authorities, which could result in real repercussions. If you see anyone making a real-life threat against you, themselves, or others, please report it immediately. To report threatening in-game chat, use the in-game petition system by clicking on the red question mark, or for forum posts, use the thumbs-down button and choose "Real-Life Threats."

---------

Please tell me this is actually enforced and not an idle threat from the company.
#52 - July 26, 2013, 1:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been banned from the forums three times now? For saying really baaaaad things,[Removed] You don't have to do much to be blocked for a week round here.

(@_@) Why would you post the same thing that resulted previous action taken on the account?

Contrary to popular belief we don't enjoy suspending accounts and would much rather not whenever possible. However, our job is to uphold the Code of Conduct and forum guidelines. We do so to help promote a civil and friendly environment on the forums, where all players can feel comfortable sharing their thoughts with each other and participate in constructive discussions about the game.

The simplest of these rules is: Don't use inappropriate language. Which applies to both clear and masked/filtered language.

Remember the mature language filter on the forum, as well as in-game, is not intended to give someone permission to use language that would otherwise be considered against our policies. It serves as a temporary shield, to help parents of minors and others who do not wish to see it, to block it.

07/25/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Thewu
Please tell me this is actually enforced and not an idle threat from the company.

Yes, we take these matters very seriously but do ask that you refrain from discussing what previously transpired.