Support yourself rule

#1 - July 20, 2013, 12:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't know if I'm weird for keeping this rule for myself or not. The rule I keep is if you can't afford it you don't need it. I keep this rule for all of my characters.

The rule is a simple one If one character doesn't have enough money to buy something then they obviously don't need it that bad. I keep this rule simply because I frequently find myself running low on funds and I cant support all of my characters. The only thing I send to alts is bags from my tailor and heirlooms. Simply because it is a bigger waste of time to go to town with full bags while questing to waste time selling items. I remedy this by having the Tundra mammoth mount and having large bags. But that is besides the point.

So I guess that my question is do you defend this rule or say screw it? I would love to know the communities opinion on this rule that I have.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - July 20, 2013, 1 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've taken the self support idea to the other extreme; trying to buy as few items as possible. The upside? I have accumulated over 100,000 gold.

What am I saving for? I don't know. The down side is, because I refuse to spend it on much of anything; I might as well be broke.