You folks should be happy people complain.

#1 - July 17, 2013, 12:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seriously, blizzard fanboys and blizzard them self should be happy people complain, it shows they care, and it's, in a way a attempt to get things changed more to their linking.

Yes i know some of you are disgusted that people have the nerve to question blizzard and their godly ways. But to be honest there is only two types of customers, those that complain in a attempt to better their service. Then there is those that keep silent, if things do not meet their needs they simply leave.

I would rather have a customer complain, as long as that complaint is constructive rather than malicious, it helps improve the service you offer.

Also i have another tip i would like to offer you folks when it comes to arguing a point with another person. It's best not to get insulting and snide and sarcastic, simply because even if you are right, people aren't really inclined to listen to someone that has treated them as a d-bag.

The best way to change someones mind and see your point of view is to keep calm and not insult them, that way they are more willing to see your point of view.

But this does not always work here on the internet, you can intentionally write the wrong word and instantly alienate someone for a while thread or more.

For example i recently made a thread and i accidentally used the word force, as in force someone to do something. Because of this the entire point of the thread was lost and lots of people were hostile and fixated on it. Your ideas and conversation can be as well intended as possible, yet still manage to insult people.

Take for example my thread title, i just noticed it will most likely enrage some people before they even read the thread, and they will carry that emotion into their comments no madder how well intention i mean this to be.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#35 - July 17, 2013, 2:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seriously, blizzard fanboys and blizzard them self should be happy people complain, it shows they care, and it's, in a way a attempt to get things changed more to their linking.

Yes i know some of you are disgusted that people have the nerve to question blizzard and their godly ways. But to be honest there is only two types of customers, those that complain in a attempt to better their service. Then there is those that keep silent, if things do not meet their needs they simply leave.

I would rather have a customer complain, as long as that complaint is constructive rather than malicious, it helps improve the service you offer.

Also i have another tip i would like to offer you folks when it comes to arguing a point with another person. It's best not to get insulting and snide and sarcastic, simply because even if you are right, people aren't really inclined to listen to someone that has treated them as a d-bag.

The best way to change someones mind and see your point of view is to keep calm and not insult them, that way they are more willing to see your point of view.

But this does not always work here on the internet, you can intentionally write the wrong word and instantly alienate someone for a while thread or more.

For example i recently made a thread and i accidentally used the word force, as in force someone to do something. Because of this the entire point of the thread was lost and lots of people were hostile and fixated on it. Your ideas and conversation can be as well intended as possible, yet still manage to insult people.

Take for example my thread title, i just noticed it will most likely enrage some people before they even read the thread, and they will carry that emotion into their comments no madder how well intention i mean this to be.

Funny enough, this is a philosophy I've used to explain why I don't mind "complaints" for many many years now as a community manager. I often have people ask how I can put up with it and doesn't it bother me? I generally answer that as long as people are posting and sharing their ideas and thoughts (provided it's constructive) it means they care. If they care, they are invested in what we're doing. If they have insights that can help us improve, then there is real value in that feedback.

Just of note, it's equally important for people to share what they like/enjoy constructively as well. It helps add perspective and balance to what we see expressed on a regular basis.

*BTW... don't leave out the fangirls. There's plenty of those too. <3 them
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - July 17, 2013, 4:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
[quote="94988653216"]You learn things when you do that, things that make you a little less likely to knee-jerk critisize other business owners. I actually take the time to tell management when things are going well, when the product/service is satisfying, etc.

Likewise. I often give compliments when a job is well done. I'll pull managers aside to tell them both what I like and what could have been better, and I try to keep it respectful. After all, I wouldn't be there if I didn't think that business didn't have something to offer. Being able to return is a plus. Knowing what could be better is great. Knowing what's being done well is even better sometimes.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - July 17, 2013, 4:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just put yourself in their shoes...

If your boss tells you that you're doing a great job but they'd like to start keeping an eye on endcaps so you can restock them when it needs it rather than just when you're told to, you're fine with that feedback. It was respectful, constructive, and specific about what you should do rather than what you've been doing.

If they yell at you and tell you you're going to be fired if you don't get better, but don't tell you what that means, you're going to be frustrated and either do nothing, or tell them off and find a new job.

If they tell you all along that you're amazing and doing a great job and then one day up and fire you, you're going to be upset. Why didn't they just tell you what was wrong in the first place?? This could have been fixed!

But, of course, if you really are doing a great job, your boss should not hesitate at all to tell you so. : )

Nicely put. :)