3v3 only forum?

#1 - July 11, 2013, 10:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Well we have the arena and rated battleground forum. But time and time again I see people saying stupid things like "ERM DISC PRIEST IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL" because they cant kill one in a duel or in 2v2.

This brings me to the next issue. People should not be able to call for nerfs because of things they see specifically in 2v2. Because we all know the game is not balanced around it. I see so many whine threads about hunter/disc etc being immortal and calling for nerfs to those classes. While I agree both of them need nerfs, my reasons have nothing to do with 2v2.

And duels........... I hear people complain about WWmonks being OP and immortal. It is completely impossible for a sane person to agree to this after doing a decent amount of 3v3 games. WW is strong in duels and people feel the need to call them OP over that.

Whines about blood DK's and tanks, when they are completely useless in 3v3, yet immortal in duels and obnoxious in 2v2.

So here I need to say: 2v2 and duels/wpvp DO NOT MATTER when discussing class balance. Rated battlegrounds are pretty irrelevant also.

So, in order for us to focus on the real issues regarding pvp balance, I propose for a new forum to be created of "3v3 arena" So we can have constructive discussion between educated players around the bracked that pvp is supposed to be balanced around. Then make another "non-3v3 and rated battleground" forum, or just incorporate them into the BG/Wpvp and just call it "PvP"

I actually think this is a pretty good idea (well obviously, considering I thought of it) , what do you guys think?
Forum Avatar
Community
#33 - July 12, 2013, 12:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It is unlikely that separate forums for the different Arena brackets will be created, but that doesn't mean that you didn't bring up a good point. I can agree that it is not always immediately clear what type or level of PvP people are actually talking about when they post, and this can certainly lead to some miscommunication.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if people were to add tags to their thread titles when posting, like for an example adding a [3v3] tag to the thread title when discussing class balance in that particular bracket, so if someone then want to talk about 2v2 class balance, then they will know to stay clear of any thread with the [3v3] tag. What do you guys think?
Forum Avatar
Community
#38 - July 12, 2013, 1:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Or just add a dropdown box when you create a thread with tags like "2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and RBG", would make it a lot simpler then for everyone to remember to type a dumb tag in the topic.

That is a good idea, but not currently something we can do. Maybe we can some day though with a future update to our forum software :-)
Forum Avatar
Community
#40 - July 12, 2013, 1:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Would need to raise awareness of this through a sticky or some other means. But if the general population would use a system like this I feel that communication and productiveness on this forum would be increased alot. I always assume that a post is talking about 3v3 unless explicitly stated otherwise. And sometimes it is just not clear what on earth people are talking about :P

A tag awareness and info sticky thread could indeed work if the community in general agrees with the use of tags. If someone could make a post with a proposal for the kind of info and tags there should be in such a sticky thread, then we can get a quick discussion going on that. And if the community then generally agrees with the proposal, then I do not see why we couldn't make such a sticky thread :-)