#1 - July 11, 2013, 4:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why?
Forum Avatar
Community
#21 - July 11, 2013, 12:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/07/2013 07:06Posted by Danellos
A paladin, however, is not balanced, they're 100% devoted to one side of the line.

I've actually never thought of it that way, and you do make a strong point. A paladin would never make sense for a pandaren in lore.

Though knowing Blizzard, they'd probably try to make it work at some point or another (like they have with Tauren) by twisting lore a bit to fit the gameplay's needs. ;-)

I would personally use the word evolving rather than twisting, but that is just my opinion of course. :-)

I have actually given this topic some thought a while back, as I like to speculate on how the lore of Azeroth will progress. I could imagine that as time passes, and the Pandaren from the Wandering Isle gets more and more involved with the Horde and the Alliance, they will learn more and more about the teachings of the Horde and the Alliance. With time, the Pandaren could become so exposed and influenced by these teachings that they may even start to embrace them. If that happens, then some Pandaren could potentially choose to discard their own teachings of balance and instead open themselves to the more extreme and unbalanced teachings of light and darkness, thus giving them the potential to learn the ways of Paladins and Warlocks. This is of course only stuff of my own musings, so I cannot possibly say if we will ever get to see Pandaren Paladins in the game:-)