Flight paths. Fix them!

#1 - July 9, 2013, 2:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
They are screwing up the levelling aspect of the game! It takes hours to get to places on a crappy 60% mount! I have made a thread about this before but this needs to be read. Flight paths should open as soon as you hit the required level for the zone! Or if this is too much to ask, at least make more openings around maps for entry to neighbouring zones. For example, there needs to be a path from moonglade to winterspring, and a path from darkshore to felwood.

I know that this issue was addressed at the start of MoP, but still nothing has been done. It is not destroying the exploration aspect at all!

Edit: As someone mentioned, I was obviously spoilt by Cata. I didn't realise this was actually a bug. So stop with all the hate and let this thread die for gods sake
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#34 - July 9, 2013, 7:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
With the Cataclysm, and all of the 1-60 zones being redone, there's a pretty direct progression from zone to zone as you level. By and large following that progression is going to give you travel options as your need them. If you want to instead jump to the other side of the world, though, you might be in for a bit of a run. But that's ok. It is an entire world, and if you want to explore and venture off into new lands, you should expect to... adventure and explore. Plenty of solutions exist though for world-travelers even without giving out every flight point, such as various teleportation mechanics of varying availability, or the most obvious, do a /who mage and hit one up for a portal.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - July 9, 2013, 7:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It is called World of Warcraft, not Blandzonesforyoutoflyover of Warcraft.

Although that was one of the original names we were considering.