Botanica Botting!

#1 - June 29, 2013, 9:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As you probably know botanica botting is pretty heavy. Me and some friends are taking the problem in our own hands by killing these bots ourselves! Come watch us do it on http://www.twitch.tv/dreoras Everyone is welcome, we need horde players to kill alliance bots!

^posted on request. Pretty legit this botting thing. >.<
Forum Avatar
Community
#37 - July 3, 2013, 8:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
...but this gets overlooked...

I can see why you would think this, but please try and remember that the existence of bots is not an indication that nothing is being done against them... I can assure you that this doesn't get overlooked.

We are well aware that some older instances are popular places to farm gold, and we constantly take action against bots at these locations. As we deal with one though, others pop up shortly after - it is an ongoing cat and mouse game.

Please continue to use the right click report option whenever you are able to report players you suspect to be botting. That will send a report as well as relevant data which are very helpful in our investigations and actions against bots.
Forum Avatar
Community
#52 - July 4, 2013, 7:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
why not ban on ip so that way they can't make another account

Cause they might be using proxies or tunneling, or they might have dynamic IPs. IP banning is horrible and useless.

IP banning is indeed not very feasible :-(

Funny, after you report 5 of them, you get disconnected from the server, every single time..........awesome system you have here.

Yes, it's a known bug. If you leave a few seconds in between reports it'll be fine, I've no idea what causes it but it's broken, sadly.

Yep, this is a known bug indeed. Apologies for not mentioning this fact in my previous post.
Forum Avatar
Community
#53 - July 4, 2013, 7:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
03/07/2013 21:18Posted by Esubane
You can't really report three hundred bots.

Maybe not, but you can report some of them :-)

A single report on one bot quite often also leads to investigations on other bots that may not yet have been reported.