Congratulations

#1 - June 26, 2013, 4:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To Blizzard for finally showing where players stand in regards to our opinions after all several people have asked for changes to the game only to be ignored players asked for lvl 60 Tmog gear they asked for player housing and countless other changes to be made only to be ignored.its clearly obvious whos opinions matter here and its the trolls and flamers that belittle and put down those who try to ask for changes. so in the end to Bashiok and Zaph and the others i can tell you gratz you let the forum trolls win and the opinions of players who do ask for change dont matter
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#19 - June 26, 2013, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To Blizzard for finally showing where players stand in regards to our opinions after all several people have asked for changes to the game only to be ignored players asked for lvl 60 Tmog gear they asked for player housing and countless other changes to be made only to be ignored.its clearly obvious whos opinions matter here and its the trolls and flamers that belittle and put down those who try to ask for changes. so in the end to Bashiok and Zaph and the others i can tell you gratz you let the forum trolls win and the opinions of players who do ask for change dont matter

There's nothing wrong with asking for changes or additions to the game. I think the issue you're running into is an issue regarding an expectation that by voicing your ideas that something will happen in a very short time because of it. We very much take into account a variety of ideas, thoughts, opinions, and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis. It's a never ending cycle in which we must weigh in what we can add into the game that will be most beneficial to it against what we have the technology and resources in place to make it work well with.

In regard to Transmog ideas, we're always open to hearing of what you want most that you aren't able to use currently. Keep in mind, we have been consistently adding more and more Transmog items into the mix on an ongoing basis. There are a lot of options available that never used to be possible.

We've also said that we're not against the idea of player housing, but (again) it has to be something we feel we can implement in a way that makes the most sense for overall gameplay.

I think "ignoring" is a bit harsh of a claim given that the meaning of "Ignore" is "to refrain from noticing or recognizing". We have noticed these ideas, we recognize them, it just doesn't mean we are going to always agree with them and implement them or (even if we do agree) implement them right away. Good development takes time.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#48 - June 26, 2013, 5:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizz: "We aren't ignoring you. We just don't care."

If this is what I meant to say, I would have said it. Please refrain from inaccurately reinterpreting what I've said. Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#52 - June 26, 2013, 5:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/26/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Scyl
If this is what I meant to say, I would have said it. Please refrain from inaccurately reinterpreting what I've said. Thanks!
Btw Neth, put me on your list for your friend and family alpha for the next expansion.

In exchange, I buy you coffee. Lots of coffee!

I know ur weakness.

Hey now! No fair using that against me!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#58 - June 26, 2013, 6 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/26/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Chaz
Hey now! No fair using that against me!

Neth, dont pay attention to Hakur, even after being told you can get level 60 pvp gear for xmog now by doing RBGs, he still wants it for free on a vendor.

This guy is a broken record

I can see if there is something just not available for Transmog taking that to the developers, but need details. I wasn't quite sure which level 60 gear was of concern since there's a lot of possible items that the OP could have been concerned over.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#221 - June 27, 2013, 3:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In the case of Blizz and housing I think its an issue of their company simply being a Boys Club. As much as they like that the game is increasingly attracting girl-gamers, I think it scares and intimidates them a little. They don't know what to do with us now we've gone from 5% of the demographic to almost 50%.

Being female myself, I had to respond to this one. I can assure you "Boys Club" mentality doesn't come into this. I don't want to turn this into a "female gamer" thread, but design for World of Warcraft isn't based on this gender or that gender will like "x" more than "y". It's based on asking ourselves what features do we think have a place in the game, how will they work, and what's the benefit of the feature for players overall. I can assure you too that I know many males who enjoy many items that some would dub "female" oriented items and personally disdain stereotyping genders in order to fit things into nice neat boxes. People don't fit into things that way.

I also wanted to let people know I'm still reading through so haven't forgotten the thread.

It's worth noting (in regard to PTR feedback) that most discussion you will see in regard to class changes will be the changes themselves on the PTR. Given that it is PTR, change is ongoing and we're going to be testing a variety of changes to see how they play out. I don't want this thread to wander into too many topics though. Just be aware that not commenting does not mean we aren't reading or aware of discussions.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#223 - June 27, 2013, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I like you, glorious candle. Let's be friends.

What do I get out of it? ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#226 - June 27, 2013, 3:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/27/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Advich

What do I get out of it? ;)

Durotar Cactus Apples.

So good the Alliance want to invade just for the recipe.

Will they be used in a pie? Pie > Cake I'm just saying.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#248 - June 27, 2013, 8:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/27/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Calliesta
Being female myself, I had to respond to this one. I can assure you "Boys Club" mentality doesn't come into this.

Nethaera, thank you for responding to my comment. Your position is contrary to some of whats been said to me by Blizz employees after a few drinks at Blizzcon one year. But I've followed your posts and trust that you believe what you are saying.

This might just be one of those things where an individual employees perception becomes their personal reality. I'm glad to hear you feel that gender issues are not a roadblock to communication or product development within Blizz and apologize for taking some anecdotal information obtained from a few drinks and giggles and running with it as fact.

Tell you what... I can't make this coming Blizzcon, but next one after that I'll buy YOU a drink to make it up to you.

EDIT:

I'll buy you the whole bottle and send your department some popcorn if you can sort out why my poor DK can't use Sulfuron Hammer for transmog anymore. I suspect it was unintended that it was available for use for so long but now is not. Seems to fly in the face of what the Devs stated intentions are - making transmog art more, not less available.

No, don't think of the bottle as a bribe... just a huge thank you. Okay. Think of it as a bribe if you prefer. Whatever makes you chuckle (or roll your eyes) more.

I'm said to have a reputation for getting people sloshed and having my way with them. Be my next victim. Its fun! (so they say). Just take off your Blizz badge and set it aside. Nobody will know. /wink

I'm always a bit wary of what people say when they've had a drink or two and agree, that perceptions can be easily colored by a variety of experiences. We're a large company with many people in many departments, so I can only speak to my experiences with direct interaction with the developers. These are fantastic guys AND gals who work very hard on World of Warcraft to make it a game many can play and enjoy. :)

I'm not sure I can "sort" your item issue out, but I can pass along word and see what shakes out.

I'm a Community Manager, I've long since learned when to guard my tongue (tired, not tired, with drink, without drink etc) but, love getting to hang out with people at BlizzCon too. ;)