Sylvanas Windrunner Clarification

#1 - June 4, 2013, 5:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If my opponent plays Sylvanas Windrunner or any other card that causes them to gain control of one of my minions and I play an ability like Vanish that states "Return all minions to their owners hand", will my opponent gain control of the swapped minion or will the swapped minion return to me?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - June 5, 2013, 10:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/03/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Zveno
If my opponent plays Sylvanas Windrunner or any other card that causes them to gain control of one of my minions and I play an ability like Vanish that states "Return all minions to their owners hand", will my opponent gain control of the swapped minion or will the swapped minion return to me?

Cards that control other minions, like Sylvanas' Deathrattle effect, changes who their "owners" are. If you are currently in control of an opponent's minion and someone casts Vanish, that minion you mind controlled will go back to your hand and won't go back to your opponent!

You don't get to keep the card at the end of the game though. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - June 5, 2013, 11:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/05/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Saibrock
This touches on a question I've been wondering for a while. If there are minions on the battlefield that were created by other effects, such as Cenarius' treants or Spirit Wolves, and a Vanish is played, do the "created" minions go to their owner's hand? Can they be played again (as in, do they have a mana cost)?

The created minions return to your hand and can be replayed for a mana cost. This cost varies depending on what token was returned to your hand.
#17 - June 6, 2013, 2:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
BOOM! They get destroyed! :)