my character is forced name changed?

#1 - June 4, 2013, 10:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so i have a alt named attackcrash,today i log into to it saying that the character was flagged for name change.now its either change my characters name,or just leave the alt. do blizz even read characters names when someone reports them?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#94 - June 4, 2013, 11:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so i have a alt named attackcrash,today i log into to it saying that the character was flagged for name change.now its either change my characters name,or just leave the alt. do blizz even read characters names when someone reports them?

This was moved from the General Forum.

The reason this name was flagged was a glitch in the system that can pop up from time to time with transfers. That said, you may wish to reconsider that particular type of moniker on an RP realm.

I see you already have a couple of petitions open on this, one about the flagging, and one about the sale, so just leave those open so this can be looked into further.

The reason this was flagged was not that it violated RP naming conventions - yet, although on an RP realm it could easily be reported with possibly the same results.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.