I know you dont focus on 2v2, but priests

#1 - May 30, 2013, 6:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Most classes share no diminishing effects with fear, and mind control in some situations is just too much (No diminishing there). I really dont like that to be competitive in 2v2, I have to play a priest.
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - May 31, 2013, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We know Priests, just as well as Hunters are very strong at the moment in 2v2, it’s tricky to keep things balanced in all brackets at the same time. We know that the added Void Shift, Tendrils, fear from Pet, and Spectral Guise are all very good and frequently used tools in 2v2, if you couple that with certain abilities from a few classes, it can lead to some pretty long CC chains.

That’s the issue with 2v2, it’s a lot more prone to very strong synergies between classes, making a few comps much stronger than others.
There is no easy solution for this, what I can say is that devs are taking a hard look at diminishing returns and we’re constantly checking for balance adjustments that make sense for all brackets, but of course we have to put more emphasis on 3v3 and 5v5, still, historically speaking, patches always bring a lot of PvP changes so I wouldn’t be surprised if something related to this gets addressed in 5.4, or maybe even hotfixed.

Please keep sending us feedback about balance and we’ll keep sending it back to the devs, if there are any adjustments being made we’ll be sure to tell you about it and keep the patch notes and hotfixes' lists constantly updated.