Faceless Manipulator Overlooked?

Forum Avatar
MVP - Hearthstone
#1 - May 28, 2013, 7:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Faceless Manipulator is one of the new cards revealed on Hearthpwn. Here's my question for you; do you think people have been overlooking this card? I haven't heard one thing mentioned about it.

It's a 5-cost 3/3 card with the text "Choose a minion and become a copy of it.".

Note, however, it does NOT say choose an enemy card, which is the implication you might get. This makes it an extremely powerful card potentially. If the enemy has a strong card on the board you can copy it, but you can also copy YOUR OWN powerful card. Imagine the danger of getting 2 Malygos's on your board, for example, or the annoyance of having 2 Ragnaros smashing stuff up.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - May 29, 2013, 11:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Faceless Manipulator is one of the new cards revealed on Hearthpwn. Here's my question for you; do you think people have been overlooking this card? I haven't heard one thing mentioned about it.

It's a 5-cost 3/3 card with the text "Choose a minion and become a copy of it.".

Note, however, it does NOT say choose an enemy card, which is the implication you might get. This makes it an extremely powerful card potentially. If the enemy has a strong card on the board you can copy it, but you can also copy YOUR OWN powerful card. Imagine the danger of getting 2 Malygos's on your board, for example, or the annoyance of having 2 Ragnaros smashing stuff up.

Faceless Manipulator can indeed target your own powerful cards, including Legendary cards. I wouldn't want to deal with two Ragnaros at the same time ...