Card Suggestion (some classes lack healing)

Forum Avatar
MVP - Hearthstone
#1 - May 28, 2013, 7:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
One of the things I was noticing is that at the moment only two classes have no healing/armor at all. While I don't buy into the "every class needs to have everything" mantra, the fact is, when almost every class has access to the ability to essentially increase their health pool, the ones that don't have it need to be looked at. For example, if you look at the Priest game on the live stream, he was able to drastically extend the duration of the game due to his relatively cheap healing despite being pummeled. Now, you shouldn't expect all classes to heal to this level, but it brings up why one might think all classes should have some.

NOTE: I'm using armor/healing interchangeably here just for simplicity since they fulfill the same role.

The only two classes in the game that lack healing are Hunters and Rogues. For those who don't know, mages can get armor through Ice Barrier, which is a secret that gives them 8 armor immediately upon being attacked.

Here are some relatively simple cards I suggest to fix this. Mind that none of these are extremely strong healing cards, but they get the job done if a Rogue or Hunter is looking for it.

Leeching Poison (Rogue)
Cost: (unsure, around 3-ish probably)
Spell
Apply to weapon. Whenever your hero deals damage with this weapon, heal for half the damage dealt (round up).

Recuperate (Rogue)
Cost: 2
Spell
Restore 2 health to your hero at the end of turn. Combo: Lasts one additional turn for each previously-played card this turn.

Spirit Bond (Hunter)
Cost: 2
Spell
Play on your Beast or Pet. At the end of each turn minion and Hero each heal for 2.

Mourning (Hunter)
Cost: 5
Spell
Play on your Beast or Pet. When minion dies, heal hero for the target's max health.

Spirit Beast (Hunter)
Cost: unsure, depends on stats
Minion
Each time Spirit Beast attacks, heal your hero for 1 or 2 health (pending if it's a high-cost or low-cost card).
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - May 29, 2013, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are actually neutral or non-class specific cards that heal,

Voodoo Doctor - Battlecry: Restore 2 Health.
Darkscale Healer - Battlecry: Restore 2 Health to all friendly characters.
Earthen Ring Farseer - Battlecry: Restore 3 Health.
Priestess of Elune - Battlecry: Restore 4 Health to your hero.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/hunter#410:1;84:1;557:1;138:1;

Since they don't say restore health to minion, I assume the will heal the hero as well.

In the case of the Darkscale Healer and Priestess of Elune, which have specific targets associated with their healing, the Voodoo Doctor and the Earthen Ring Farseer are good ways to get healing into decks that don't offer healing through spells. It's important that every class not have the ability to do the exact same things, or else you lose that distinction between classes.