Silly vanilla memories.

#1 - May 27, 2013, 9:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, I was sitting here afk in main town eating a soup(IRL) and i had my bag up wich shows how much gold i have.

i have around 1000g and i felt it was very little.

and then suddenly i got this memory, about when i had grinded for 2-3 hours in tyrs hand(vanilla)
and had collected 36g. and i was sooooooo happy and proud and felt so rich, lmao.

just made me think how things have changed in-game now.
and how silly things that belong to the past look now.

I would like to hear if anyone else remembers anything like that or similiar they want to share.
Forum Avatar
Community
#26 - May 29, 2013, 1:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Using Zinfizzlex's Portable Shredder Unit in Alterac Valley was pretty silly, especially due to the cost of all the materials, but it was a lot of fun! While it lasted at least... (video)

My first character was a Night Elf, and the moment I realized that the world was actually bigger than Teldrassil... the name of the game naturally came out of my mouth. "Wow !", I interjected.
Now it feels very silly but at that time it felt amazing being so overwhelmed by the tremendous vastness of it all and the mysteries that were sure to still be hidden in the world, just waiting to be discovered…
Forum Avatar
Community
#77 - May 31, 2013, 1:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Were you employed by blizz at that time ?

I used to make maps addons for another game years ago, and I too was wow struck at the time from the shear size of the maps and the detail.
Naaa, I’m a recent acquisition, I was “busy” studying gnome (erm… civil!) engineering at the time, so plenty of free time for WoW eheheh ;)

30/05/2013 22:27Posted by Masztaar
EDIT: Forgot why I started typing, it was to say that I also got surprised at the world outside Teldrassil. I remember the 1st time I flew to Darkshore from there - I went back and forth around 5 times because I got that rollercoaster feeling in my stomach from flying :)
Honestly I didn’t even know you could fly until very late, I just used the boat and didn’t notice the flight master on the left. The first time I actually flew a Gryphon, now, that was another one of those wow moments…

31/05/2013 13:42Posted by Maaure
There was this thing (don't remember name anymore) which I got during some festival which was mole machine which teleport anybody who click on it into BRD.
Direbrew's Remote still exists btw, it’s one of those controversial items, it used to be useful and fun but players really abused it in a lot of different and very annoying (but original) ways, since “Coren Direbrew” has been added to LFD it has lost some of its usefulness though. Nowadays I don't think people fall for it as much as they used to ;)