Mo' bag space please.

#1 - May 27, 2013, 1:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't care how it's done, I just want more storage space, make it a goldsink, make more menus, increase void storage, I don't care, I just need more space!

May I suggest tabards be made into into a menu like mounts and pets were?

Another thing other games do so well is having a separate storage for quest items. Blizzard used to have a "keyring" for keys before they removed them; do something like that but for quest items please!

Also having to carry x amount of gear can be a pain. Could we please have a tab/wardrobe specifically for that? When dual spec was introduced it slowly evolved so that we got 2 sets of bars corresponding with our active spec. Can this somehow be applied to equipment manager and have it "save" the gear on itself instead of having to carry it around in our bags so it doesn't take half of our bagspace simply to carry 2 other sets of gear?

Toys and other novelty items, can these also have some sort of pet-like list so they stop occupying bagspace? MOP is guilty of throwing so many toys at me that most I had to destroy simply because I had no storage space for them. I want to keep my puntable marmot! Give me a toybox menu!

Those are some suggestions off the top of my head, I don't care how it's done, I just need more storage space please.

A nice suggestion by Heartlis:

At least allow much larger stacks of pretty much everything

EDIT: Transmog suggestion to free up bagspace.

Someone suggested having items taken to a transmogrifier to be destroyed to take on their appearance. "Are you sure you'd like to destroy this permanently and save it's appearance?"

Personally, this would free up a lot of space. White holiday event items or roleplay gear should also qualify to be transmoggable, not only that, but these white items should be the only ones who can also be used by Leather and Plate users since they are novelty. Actual gear should retain its restriction, but white vanity items (or green and blue, as long as they are vanity) should be able to be mogged to all 3 armor classes.

An optional addition to this would be to have it be account bound. For Example:

I solo old content a lot, as a priest. But sometimes pieces I can't use drop. E.g Al'ar's fist weapon.

By taking this item to a transmogrifier the appearance of this item would be available to any alts on the account who are able to use said item.

Tier is obviously excluded, as tokens would have to be obtained and redeemed by the appropriate classes, and appearances would also still have class restrictions.

This would encourage a lot of people to play other classes just based on the fact that they can look cool as early as they want.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#22 - May 29, 2013, 12:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Adding more space to put more stuff isn't a solution, it's just delaying the problem, and usually not by much. We've been talking about (and even telling all y'all) that solving the storage problem is something we've set our sights on. Of course I'm not going to make an announcement here so no specifics to share yet, or when that relief may surface, but it is something we want to tackle asap.