Tri Spec , Why it would be good .

#1 - May 27, 2013, 9:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello , i will allrdy apologize for my english , im not the best in it but im gonna try .

Why is Tri Spec good ? Why should it be put in the Game ?

Mainly Tri Spec , would help a lot for the raiders , or for some experiments . As Example im raiding atm , My Mainspec is Retribution , ive an OS Holy , but now switched it with Tanking , depends of the guild s state.

Funny wise my OS are at the same ilvl then my MS.

It would rly help me to have that Tri Spec , in LFR aswell . and wherever , ive the gear for , so i dont rly want to have to respec every time ive to heal or Tank.

Pvp wise aswell , Raiders mainly do PVE , but when they want to pvp , they wish they could have a special spec for it , where they have their own bars for it , i know u want to implent a bar system , but Tri spec would allrdy hold the all .

I know , Dualspec should be enough for a Pvp spec , Right ?
Not Rly , in Raiding u need a good OS to use it in PVE , Like a Priest , SP and Heal ,and etc

Only ones who can do that are Rogues , Mages ,Warlocks . Even those , on specific bosses some Specs are better then the others.

For Pvpers now , They wish maybe to have at least one PVE spec , and having two specs for PVP purposes ? or for better Farming .

Its mainly good for , having a better management , and be able to use the specs u want , when u want .

Its specialy for Hybrids , and Specialy Paladins Druids or Monks need it :>

I would be rly glad if i had a Tri Spec , instead of respeccing every time :P

Now , i dont know if its a lot of work asken , or if im the only one thinking that way , but thats my opinion.

Im Glad that you read this , and Have Fun :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - May 27, 2013, 12:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You might be interested in reading the latest Dev interview from Icy Veins:
http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2178-patch-53-interview-with-the-wow-design-team/

Here's the excerpt where the design team talks about Tri spec:

Question: During 5.3 testing, there was a rumor floating around that the patch was going to bring Tri Spec. This has been dismissed, but there is an even older rumor regarding a fourth spec being added for all classes in a future expansion. What are your thoughts on adding a fourth spec? Is it something the developers have ever considered?

Answer: This is going to be another controversial answer, so we ask players to really consider where we are coming from and not just try to dismantle our arguments in the hopes of getting us to change our minds. This is one of those situations (and we try not to have too many of them) where we are going to proceed very cautiously.
With tri spec, we wanted to make sure we were solving the right problem. What we realized a lot of people on the development team were looking for was a solution to having to remember how action bars were set up (several of us have done the “take a screenshot of each spec” thing). If you harken back to the beta of the original game, talent trees were added as a way to differentiate yourself from other players of the same class. (Now the solution didn’t really work for reasons we’ve discussed before, but it was a noble goal). Letting players respec was intended as a safety net against frustration caused by making a decision you might regret. In Diablo II, once you spent a point, it was spent forever, which was kind of charming at the time, but felt outdated as a design by the time WoW came around. However, providing that safety net wasn’t intended to undermine the entire goal of talents being meaningful choices that help to customize your character, and that includes choosing your character’s role and spec.
Respeccing was never intended to let you have every tool at the moment you need it.
In Burning Crusade, having to change your talent tree was a bit of a headache, because you had to make sure you spent the right number of talent points per tier. In MoP, it’s still a bit of a headache because you have to remember what spell goes on what slot on your action bar. Now imagine that we fix that problem as well. Now changing your spec is limited only by the relatively low cost of visiting your class trainer (rather than the higher cost of fighting the user interface). In fact, if we had the current MoP talent design in place with some system to remember action bars, it’s possible we would never have added dual spec in the first place.
Adding tri spec is one of those decisions that would be really hard to undo, so we want to evaluate really carefully if the game absolutely needs it before we do it. At the moment, we don’t think the game absolutely needs it. We know some players won’t like that answer, but at least appreciate that there are other players who share our concern that the game will be lessened by adding tri spec, and respect their opinions as well.
With regard to fourth specs, it’s an interesting idea that might bring some excitement to individual classes, but it’s also a pretty big idea in terms of the impact it would have on the game. It would require a lot of relearning for virtually every player who would have to understand what the new rogue spec did in a raid or what the new hunter spec did in PvP. We would have to add a lot of new spells and mechanics, and even things like set bonuses to support all of those new specs, and being honest, it would probably cause a lot of instability in the game as we iterated on all of those new spells to get things right. Maybe someday.