Where is Nethaera?

#1 - May 1, 2013, 8:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
She hasn't posted on the forums in almost a month.

Have we scared her away and will she only post blogs now :(?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - May 16, 2013, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
She hasn't posted on the forums in almost a month.

Have we scared her away and will she only post blogs now :(?

I've been working on some other behind the scenes projects and mostly focus on the front page content. We've been looking at what new information we can work on and get out on the front page among other things. While my name may not always be attached to blogs going up, I oversee a lot of the content that goes up and have for a long time. It's one of my primary jobs along with some other internal projects. I don't work in a bubble though, so it's very much a team effort.

Feedback on the content there and things that you'd like to see there are always welcome. I try to poke in a bit here and can usually be found pretty easily on Twitter too @Nethaera .

Well, that is disappointing. He (Bornakk) was the only blue poster that had least skimmed the novels >:(

I'm not sure where you got that impression, but it's not true. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - May 16, 2013, 2:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, blues lately have been a little too quite. Who knows. I would say getting ready for blizzcon, but that is like 6 months away. That can't be right.

We're between patches and a lot of the information about the upcoming patch has been posted. Sometimes that means we don't have a lot to really discuss that hasn't already been discussed or isn't something we can discuss. There's usually a lot of "wait and see" that happens behind the scenes and that means we have to bide our time along with you all before we can dig into anything new or meaty. We do agree though that we've been a bit quiet.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - May 16, 2013, 2:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/16/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Darigato
Ok, blue poster, can you check out my idea for loremaster/transmog?

The blue posters check out all the ideas, but that doesn't mean the developers will be like 'Yeah, forward this idea through to the main board!"

I imagine Nethaera must feel something like a Time Traveler visiting the past.

She knows what the future holds, yet she watches us in a sort of twisted glee as we struggle to understand our fates /drama.

Imagine this... You have to always hold the past in your mind, you are aware of the future (but can't talk about it), you must also predict some of the future as well, and need to address the present without getting any of them jumbled up. It's a bit difficult to be gleeful when your brain is sorting through them all constantly. ;) This is why... coffee.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#23 - May 16, 2013, 2:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/16/2013 07:56 AMPosted by Sistask
Imagine this... You have to always hold the past in your mind, you are aware of the future (but can't talk about it), you must also predict some of the future as well, and need to address the present without getting any of them jumbled up. It's a bit difficult to be gleeful when your brain is sorting through them all constantly. ;) This is why... coffee.

That did not make any sense. I guess being tired is bothering me than the heat it...

Edit: must stop posting on the forums when half asleep.

Just imagine we're Time Lords. ;)

I'm also serious about feedback about what you like to go to the front page of the site to read/see. Do want. Thanks!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - May 16, 2013, 3:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are missing armor previews though!

Which?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#30 - May 16, 2013, 3:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Any word on character models that you can pass on? I certainly liked the way those ToT bosses looked, and was subsequently disappointed to learn those troll models were only for an encounter.

Sorry. Not yet. We'll share information about the progress on that end when we can.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#35 - May 16, 2013, 3:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Since you are answering question Neth.

Do you know if 5.3 is coming out this month or not for sure. I heard that is what you guys are aiming for but not sure if its a possibility it might not happen.

At current, it won't be much longer. We're hoping to get it out soon (and not the usual soon). I can't confirm more than that for you right now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - May 16, 2013, 3:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Neth, because you're amazing and my favorite and I love you, surely you'll answer my website-related question...

Any chance we'll ever see the armory touched up a little? A lot of races/classes have really, really, really bad poses that make it impossible to really see how someone's armor looks. We don't need to necessarily go back to having fully customizable 3D models for everyone, but maybe an option to at least change the pose?

That's a question for our web team, though I do believe updates are a part of their plan. I'm not sure though on details of which updates they're going to be working on (or when). They have a lot on their plate, but I'll be sure to ask them.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#41 - May 16, 2013, 3:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I always imagine you like CJ, the press secretary on "the West Wing"

Should this make me happy or sad? ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - May 16, 2013, 3:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Which?

You know, I went and looked at the 5.2 information, and it does have the ToT armor previews. I missed them somehow along the way.

;) We put a lot of information on the front page. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of people miss it or if they frequent fansites, they see it there rather than here. We work very hard on that content, so getting you all to see it is the most important part.

Well, CJ was highly competent and strong, so..;)

Well thank you! Yep, it's a similar sort of job. But we try to be as honest and open as we can too.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#52 - May 16, 2013, 5:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post

Home. You can see all the news items they have posted, with highlights at the top.

Home:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

That's the place alright.

People have asked for a candle pet for awhile now. ;) I'm flattered. I also have no control over that. That's for Mumper and the dev team to decide.

Neth i know you cant go into specifics but i was just curious, are there really exciting things going on behind the scenes in regards to WoW? Like can we expect to have our mind blowns soon in regards to what you guys plan to announce in the future?

That's a loaded question and one that will rely completely on your own personal opinion. We could think it's going to "blow your mind" and for you it could be a "meh". We HOPE you'll love what we show you next, but whether you do or not is all up to you (and our brainwashing technology we're secretl.... oh dangit... dangit... err.. never mind). We're also biased and think that we have really exciting things yet to share in the future.

I just wanted to comment in here and say, Neth you have been one of my favorite blues, even back when you were in charge of the Druid forums back in BC.

Much love!

<3 Thanks!