Patch 5.3 tomorrow?

#1 - May 13, 2013, 6:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Any chance Patch 5.3 goes live tomorrow? Got my 3000 vpts saved up. And JPts for the new heirloom shields. Thoughts?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - May 13, 2013, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Good morning. Letting you know that the patch is not tomorrow. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#35 - May 13, 2013, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/13/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Rosenivy
Good morning. Letting you know that the patch is not tomorrow. :)

: / Well aren't you a bird of sour news

I know many are eager to take the Alliance/Horde conflict to the next level.

On the flip side, ever had the feels when your term paper was due and you're scrambling to get it ready only to learn that you have more time? The patch notes will be ready. :D
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#125 - May 17, 2013, 1:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
After one taste of the Durumu smoke maze in LFR a few weeks ago, and waiting 10-15 minutes afterwards for people to finish the boss fight (15 dead, 10 kept going)... I'm just leveling alts for a while.. maybe the next few months. Dunno.

If I were doing a normal mode raid (which I have before), I'd be happy waiting for 15 mins and talking with people in guild as I spectated. Just not into sitting and watching random people for a long time, locked out of playing.

Maybe 5.3 will have something that will change my mind. Here's to hoping.

As a "non-hardcore" player, it seems odd to me that its thought to be OK to lock people out of playing (can't release, can't rez, can't do anything) in a LFR, or, for that matter, in any part of the game. Its a bad user experience. What am I supposed to do? AFK? I know you hardcore people don't care and will flame about it, but, seriously, this is why people go start investigating other MMORPGs... sitting in front of a game where you can't do anything is boring, and, in many games, the answer isn't "just suck it up". You don't have to, because it either doesn't happen, or there's some other option that's part of the game.

The reason you couldn't release while the boss encounter is active is so you remain eligible for loot/bonus rolls if the rest of the raid was able to successfully defeat the boss. You'd be singing a different tune if you were able to release to the graveyard resulting in lost loot eligibility.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#157 - May 18, 2013, 1:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Wanted to share this before heading out for the weekend.

Currently, we expect to release World of Warcraft Patch 5.3: Escalation next week on Tuesday, May 21!

-Source: Preparing for Patch 5.3: Escalation