Oh God, 5.3 don't come!!! QQ thread!!

#1 - April 29, 2013, 6:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
rogues got nerfed, spriest got nerfed like CRAZY.Looks like my 3s team is going to $hit.every time checking out new patch notes, I can feel a part of me dying.. time for me to level up my monk?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#41 - May 1, 2013, 12:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Item budget is weird and crazy. Seriously. It's actually worlds better than it used to be, but still needs to be a lot more clear so people can understand it. Blizzard is bad at getting some really core information like that across.

Fair enough. There's a huge amount of information to relate about World of Warcraft, and we can always communicate better and more clearly. We've already stated that PvP stats don't count toward a given item's ilevel, and we released the PvP Gear in Patch 5.3 blog that we hoped would dispel some confusion.

What do you think is missing, and what else needs to be communicated clearly so players can make informed gearing decisions?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#63 - May 1, 2013, 1:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why does my ilvl 476 honor pvp gear have more pvp power on it than my 493 ilvl conquest gear? PvP power is getting a nerf next patch but I don't understand some of the decisions being made this expansion gear-wise.

Gearing is supposed to make you STRONGER. PvP gear has been getting nerfs by ilvl and through other means every season so far this expansion, and pvp power was supposed to compensate for pvp nerfs...but with pvp power being nerfed, resilience being taken away and ilvls reduced yet again...and from what I understand also a ilvl cap in pvp that is supposed to compensate for the ilvl changes...what the hell is going on with pvp gear this entire expansion? Because I am really confused at this point.

There actually is a blog (maybe three) for that! The pvp power on honor gear from both last season and this one was raised to lessen the gear gap between honor and conquest gear, as was stamina on this season's honor gear. Blizzard felt the gear gaps were just too significant.

Going from honor gear to conquest gear does cause you to lose a very small amount of pvp power and resilience, but conquest gear is still a significant upgrade.

Correct. The combination of the 5.3 blog, and this older 5.2 blog will help provide a clearer picture:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8713026
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#66 - May 1, 2013, 2:03 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What exactly is there to decide?

Players are constantly making decisions about how to spend their time in World of Warcraft, including what gear to get from which source, and when. A lot has changed recently, and as evidenced by the other posts in this thread, not everyone is as up to speed on the changes as we might like.