How to level up new character?

#1 - April 24, 2013, 9:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have several level 90 characters on a dead server. Yesterday I decided to create a character to a populated server, but it was impossible.

- I have already done most of the quests at least once, and running each dungeon 200th time is not a good option either.
- I have no heirlooms in these realms, and leveling is slow without them
- I have no gold
- I have already leveled all the classes and there is barely anything new to learn

So how can I get a level 90 character to a populated server as I am not going to pay for character transfer nor I have patience to do same quests and dungeons again. In my opinion the monthly fee should get me full access to game features such as auction house with items or a realm with more than 20 same faction human-controlled players.

Is there some magical way to get level 90 with little effort?
Forum Avatar
Community
#8 - April 24, 2013, 12:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have eleven level 90 characters on a dead empty rotten server. Yesterday I decided to create a character to populated server, but it was impossible.
- Doing same quests / dungeons for 11th time gets old
- No heirlooms
- No gold
- I have already leveled all the classes. There is nothing new to learn.
- No self-sufficiency. When I had all the professions on my dead server, I could make my own stuff.
- Not possible to twink myself. I could enchant my leveling gear and even use epic gems, but now it is not possible ... as I have no gold.
- Leveling is mindless button smashing and is too easy.

So how can I get a level 90 character on populated server, as I am not going to pay for character transfer nor I have patience to do same !@#$ again. Is there some magical way to get level 90 with little effort?

I'm not sure if you've experienced it yet (the mention to twinking is a bit confusing to me), so in case you haven't, maybe give a try to leveling purely through PVP once battlegrounds are available? I haven't seen it mentioned and it may turn out that it's a cool twist?

There're also other options as fellow players have mentioned, such as trying to level through professions or picking a Death Knight to start right at level 55. Also, keep in mind that Patch 5.3 will reduce the experience required to get from 85 to level 90 by 33%, that might help too. (I hope!)