Is my name offensive?

#1 - April 18, 2013, 12:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I logged on this morning to discover that my name has been flagged for a name change. To be honest I'm not that bothered really but I'm curious as to why my name is offensive as it might help for future reference. I thought my name was appropriate for a druid since a Chimera is many beasts in one. I choose it for its mythical connections rather than to imply any derogatory meaning. I'm not sure I'm enamored with it however, if I really decide that I like it I might fight to keep it but I would like some insight as to why people might have reported it.

Edit: I forgot to mention I actually ticketed a GM in the first place to have it freed up on my sever. Perhaps someone who owned it previously wanted it back?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#16 - April 18, 2013, 1:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Edit: I forgot to mention I actually ticketed a GM in the first place to have it freed up on my sever. Perhaps someone who owned it previously wanted it back?

It looks like you recently character transfers and faction changed, Chimera.

There is a known issue that can happen when there is a naming conflict on the destination realm and you use the name change option from the faction change to change the name. In such cases the naming flag will be temporarily removed but within a few hours or sometimes a few days the flag will reapply.

Our QA team has been looking into it and hope to have the issue resolved. In the meantime, those who may encounter this issue can submit a ticket to request that the name flag be removed.

If you are unable to wait for a Game Master to get to your ticket I'd recommend giving the character a temporary name. The Game Master should be able to return the original name once they look into it. Make sure you provide the desired name in your ticket.

With that said, you should be set, Chimera.

Don't file an in game ticket but file a ticket on battle.net. There is this one thing that lets you talk to a representative or something and they will be with you in like 3-5 minutes, you go over the situation and they can fix it.

To be clear, both in-game tickets and those submit through our Support Site can be used to contact our In-Game Support staff to get this issue resolved. The option for Web Chat is available to a limited degree, and may be a possibility, but a simple ticket will do the trick as well.