Lack of 5 mans in MoP

#1 - April 12, 2013, 10:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't see why you have scaled back on the amount of 5 mans this expansion, for some of us they are very enjoyable, I realize your goal is to have 5 mans as just the stepping stone / gearing point to raids and you're now telling storylines with scenarios but this is a pretty weak design in my opinion.

Not counting the later release in expansion dungeons you have progressively scaled back 5 mans and I fail to understand why.

Classic : 20
BC : 16
WotLK : 16
Cata : 14
MoP : 9

The raids this tier have been awesome don't get me wrong I can see the amount of work put into them but I just do not agree with scaling back on 5 mans and giving us watered down scenarios as a replacement. I may be off from the bulk of the community but I don't feel this is a step in the right direction.
Forum Avatar
Community
#4 - April 12, 2013, 11:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
On patch 5.3 scenarios are getting some cool upgrades (such as heroic mode) as well as new and improved rewards, so hopefully that'll make them more attractive for you Stono.

We still like 5-man dungeons and there will be more in coming expansions, but right now, the developers feel the content they're currently working on (raids with their varying difficulty modes (LFR, normal, Heroic) normal and Heroic scenarios, world bosses, quest content...) for this expansion's cycle is more attractive to a bigger number of players.
Forum Avatar
Community
#35 - April 12, 2013, 6:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just wish more of the dungeons we have would be available when leveling.

In patch 5.3 the developers are going to tweak at which point dungeons are made available on the whole level 1-90 range :)

I'd rather see every single scenario out of the window for 2-3 more 5 man dungeons. Scenarios all come down to the same thing: You kill some stuff, do a few objectives and that's it. There are no real mechanics you have to deal with (Oh you mean those big elite 'bosses'?). It's outright boring, and adding a Heroic mode and giving it more rewards will definitely not attract more people to this obnoxious form of PvE.

I realize plenty of you don't care about Scenarios as they are right now. Which is alright, to be frank, I usually run them just for valor, so that sentiment some people may have in the sense of "these aren't quite useful for me" it's not alien to me.

However, having said that, keep in mind Heroic scenarios are indeed harder and tuned to a higher item level. There'll be new rewards and items as well coming from them, so, while I completely understand you might not like them as they are right now, I'd encourage you to go to the PTR as the patch continues to be developed and see how Heroic scenarios are shaping up.