#1 - 2013/04/09 10:42:00 PMI have spent all day (roughly 8am server to around 5pm server) attempting to get a fresh LFR run. Since I am not seeing how many bosses are down when i get a que, I have to go in, only to find out that 1 or 2 bosses are already down.
As a tank, what happens is one person leaves the raid for one reason or another, and the que grabs another tank, who either leaves or finishes the raid. Once he/she is done, this new tank reques for the same raid to get the first few bosses done, then leaves raid.
Here are my solutions for this type of situations
1) Add a "prefer fresh run" option to LFR
-this would allow people that dont want to skip bosses to focus on fresh runs
-eventually people would only pick this option, and if a tank leaves the raid 1 or 2 bosses in, everyone else is pretty much out of luck
2) Give replacement tanks the option to get a "free roll" for each boss that was downed prior to there arrival.
-Example : Tank A leaves raid after boss 1 and 2 are down. Tank B comes in and downs the remaining 2 bosses with the raid. At the end of the raid, the tank receives the option to roll for a chance at each Boss 1s and Boss 2s LFR loot tables.
- To keep people from attempting to game the system, this "free roll" system would also take into account what bosses in LFR you have down this current week. In the example above, Tank A comes back online and reques, and starts at Boss 3. Tank A finishes the raid. Tank A will not get the "free roll" option because he has already recieved loot from Boss 1 and 2.
3) Put all the bosses LFR loot tables into one big loot table
- This would keep players from farming certain bosses
- Do not award loot until the player leaves the raid or the last boss is defeated, then that player receives a roll for each boss he/she downed.
- option 2 above could easily be added.
Personally I lean more toward a combination of Option 2, and Option 3.
Feel free to come up with more solutions to this ambiguous problem that is pretty much making LFR a chore, and sucking the fun out of it....