[SOLVED] <tab> bug (isn't a bug)

#1 - April 4, 2013, 2:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there. I would like to post this in the public forum to see if anyone else has had any trouble. I can't seem to find anything with the search, so this should be a new topic.

BUG: When pressing the <tab> key, it cycles through all pets, minions, totems and other effects before selecting the player themselves. It does this in Arenas, Battlegrounds, Raids, Dungeons and Scenarios.

I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I was attacking a Warrior and none of my DoTs were hitting him. I then realised I was attacking his Skull Banner once I cast Mind Flay and my character turned to face it.

I ran behind a pillar and behind a Hunter in an Arena. I pressed <tab> to select him and attempted to damage him. I realised my DoTs were hitting one of his pets. I pressed tab about 8 more times and it finally selected him, not before he used his macro and three shotted me. I will add that his pets were behind him relative to my position, yet <tab> defaulted to selecting all of his pets before him.

This bug now means I have to be careful not to lose my mouse pointer in the complex shower of spells that fill my screen, else it is a guaranteed loss.

I'll head back over to RL now and see what's cooking.
Forum Avatar
Community
#5 - April 4, 2013, 3:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there!

Thanks. I have looked and can't find anything to do with tab targetting. I had already disabled all HP bars from pets, minions and other so only enemy friend bars will show up. Still the same behaviour with/without.
Try this:
Open “Key Bindings” - > Scroll down to “Targeting Functions” -> change TAB to “Target Nearest Enemy Player”