Who's your 'go to' character?

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - March 28, 2013, 2:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You know the one, the character you always end up playing more than the others. Even as the guilt for neglecting the others seeps into your very bones, you just can't help yourself. You somehow identify with them differently than your alternates. What character is it and what about playing it really draws you to them more strongly than the others?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#69 - March 28, 2013, 3:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/28/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Hippeaux
You know the one, the character you always end up playing more than the others. Even as the guilt for neglecting the others seeps into your very bones, you just can't help yourself. You somehow identify with them differently than your alternates. What character is it and what about playing it really draws you to them more strongly than the others?

This character.

Awkward analogy incoming, but in a lot of ways I feel like playing different classes is like trying on different clothes. Some fit better than others, a couple are super-comfortable so you know you'll be wearing them a lot, and some of them are just uncomfortable and go back on the shelf.

After "trying on" a few different classes, all of which I liked enough, I rolled this druid and discovered a comfort akin to wearing a second skin. The rotation and figting style are just intuitive in a way no other class is for me. I love that I have so much variety just in my one spec and class (there were times where I DPSed primarily as a cat while leveling because the mobs were less caster-friendly). I love that I have so many spells that help my teammates in PvP (roots, faerie fire, heals) and when Moonkin Form was added I knew this was going to me my main forever since we're, like, totally adorable. ♥

Not an odd analogy at all. I agree that different classes just fit different people. I never would have thought I'd enjoy the priest like I did after playing primarily dps characters in the past. (It helps that she can do some real damage and still heal.)