5.3 Nakatoir: World PVP = Necessary Sacrifice.

#1 - March 26, 2013, 12:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
One minor concern would be World PvP. If the item level of PvP gear is only 496, PvE gear might be very dominant here. To be fair with you though, I'm not that bothered with World PvP in the first place, so don't mind this at all.
We are well aware that this is a concern that has arisen from players regarding the recently announced changes. While we understand that this is an unfortunate sacrifice for the overall betterment of PvP, we feel that this change will improve the state of both competitive and entry level PvP. This means that more players will be able to enter into PvP and as such increase to competition and the attractiveness of this fun and exciting area of the game.

This doesn't mean that world PvP and duels will be ignored. We definitely understand that players are wanting more huge, epic and glorious PvP such as those that come from world PvP, we just don't feel that it's the right place with the faction imbalance that is present in such battles. We are also looking into trying to find some solutions that will help with PvE gear in [url="https://twitter.com/holinka/status/315679130081456128"]duels[/url] as we have seen this is a concern as well.

NO, leave my world pvp alone. Why should PVE scrubs be able to dominate me JUST because of gear, isn't this soemthing your getting away with!. You say it is necessary, NO it is not, do somthign about this, i will be so pissed off if a PVE scrub can dominate me in world pvp because he has better gear.

Change this please, do not let this !@#$ happen.

World pvp is alive and kicking and it's hella fun as well. Do not let it be dominated by PVE. its called world PVP for a reason PVP<<< being the main word. If my PVP gear is useless, you havelet a lot of people down.

The changes look good, however:

-World pvp looks like it will collapse and be dominated by PVE people

-Tanks on FC (being dicussed, glad this will be getting sorted)

-Dueling: PVE gear might dominate here.

If you get this wrong, you %^-* up a lot of aspects to the PVP community.

PVP is not just instanced, PVP is everywhere on azeroth, and i'll be damned if you think it's 'necessary' to mess up one aspect of PVP to fix another aspect of it.
Forum Avatar
Community
#4 - March 26, 2013, 1:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Firstly, this is the Rated PvP forum, if you wish to discuss World PvP and battlegrounds, please do so in the "Battlegrounds and World PvP" forum.

Secondly, I never said that it was a "necessary sacrifice". I simply stated that it was unfortunately going to be affected by this change, something which we are looking in to. We don't like that this change negatively affects world PvP, but feel that the negative affect it has is minimal when compared to the overall benefits that such a change brings. Do not take a single post from an entire thread, then take a small piece of that post and twist what it means.