Blatantly racist name, Blizzard does nothing!

#1 - March 25, 2013, 7:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This player:

[Removed]

I have reported this persons name at least 10 times and nothing is done about it. I don't know what to do anymore. I know they got the reports at least once, do you all just not care?

I see tons of Anti-Gay, racist, and anti Semitic comments in trade all the time! and I report people and nothing is being done about it.

There is a hunter on my realm that I have reported. He has a monkey pet named "obama" I've reported him at least 15 times. and he's still there with the same pet and nothing is being done.

These people are violating the rules of the game, what is the incentive to stop doing it of nothing is being done about it?

Just answer me, do you not care? Is this a racist allowance game now? I understand free speech but If you have rules that say people can't do things, enforce them, or get rid of the rules so people like me can stop wasting time "reporting" people. ( which is what u ask us to do)

Here is the generic excuse: " we do not tolerate racism or bigotry. Our stance has not changed at all"

Total lies!

Don't believe me?

How is this even possible?

[Removed] ( i find it funny that I can't link the name, but people are allowed to have it.)

OMG blizzard! This is outrageous!
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#31 - March 25, 2013, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/25/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Gunnsmoke
I have reported this persons name at least 10 times and nothing is done about it.

While your report is valuable, Gunnsmoke, and is used in any associated investigations, your report alone isn't the only factor involved in the process. Multiple reports from the same person on a name doesn't add more weight to it.

This is a social system, meaning other player reports are also taken into consideration and factored by our systems and Game Masters.

Please keep in mind that while the reports that a name may generate is a factor, not every name reported is changed because is it reported. The name has to be considered against our Terms of Use in accordance to the policies that our support staff follows.

Some names that are are neutral or positive in nature, even if some may considered them questionable, may not be changed or not changed immediately. If you find a name that you believe to be inappropriate please continue to use the right click report option to report it. Encourage others to do the same. Those reports will be factored into a review of the name.

Take a look at some of these. I feel they are even better examples of racist names that Bliz does nothing about.

Lets not. The Armory should not be used to find or verify names that might be against our policies. The site does not always reflect the true state of the character or name. Some characters could have been deleted, transferred or faction changed (with the name changed) but the old character information is left in the database. Additionally, a character that has been flagged for a rename but has not yet been logged into to change it will still show the previous name; even after it has been changed the site may not have that version of the character updated to reflect that change.

Only report names that you encounter in-game.

Also, if the name is inappropriate enough that you use it as an example, don't post it. Posting inappropriate language is a violation of our Code of Conduct and continuing to do so can impact your posting privileges.