Which race would choose to be a death knight?

#1 - March 20, 2013, 3:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is my first thread so bear with me. The question just popped in to my head yesterday and I thought why not do a thread. Im very into Warcraft lore and I was just wondering what everyone else thought. Since there was a limit on letters I couldn't word my question the way I wanted to. What I really wanted to ask was which race(s) would most likely choose to become a death knight? My opinion is: blood elves because of their lust for power, humans because they are easily corrupted, and goblins for their greed. I also think the least likely races are orcs (surprised i know) because of their sense of honor, same with the taurens, and undead because of their fall out with the lich king. I would also like to note I am aware that becoming a death knight is not a choice.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - March 20, 2013, 3:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is my first thread so bear with me. The question just popped in to my head yesterday and I thought why not do a thread. Im very into Warcraft lore and I was just wondering what everyone else thought. Since there was a limit on letters I couldn't word my question the way I wanted to. What I really wanted to ask was which race(s) would most likely choose to become a death knight? My opinion is: blood elves because of their lust for power, humans because they are easily corrupted, and goblins for their greed. I also think the least likely races are orcs (surprised i know) because of their sense of honor, same with the taurens, and undead because of their fall out with the lich king. I would also like to note I am aware that becoming a death knight is not a choice.

I'm not sure I agree with you in regard to Orcs. Think about the corruption that tainted them and the events with the Dark Portal. Look at the city they live in. Are those signs of a race that shies away from power or getting it through whatever means might be available to them? Think of Theramore and what Garrosh did there.

Humans however are a bit more of a mixed bag. But those are just my (very) brief thoughts.

It's an interesting discussion though. I'm interested to see what others think.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#22 - March 20, 2013, 4:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
ANYTHING but a Gnome DK. That's got to be the most ridiculous looking race/class combo in the entire game.

Ridiculously awesome you mean? ;)