BMAH and pvp

#1 - March 14, 2013, 12:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello.

I went to Durotar to do some duelling and the usual idling and noticed a player with s13 t2 boots. I asked where did he get them from, he said that he bought of them from the BMAH.

Why do yo do this Blizz? I can understand pve items being on the BMAH but pvp? That is just bad.
Forum Avatar
Community
#13 - March 15, 2013, 2:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I understand that this can be easily considered unfair if you look at it from the perspective of an isolated PvP game model. But the fact is, WoW is only one game and PvP is an intrinsic part of its world, so you cannot think of PvP as something separate from all the rest, and until something like that happens, PvP will be much more than just Arenas and Battlegrounds, I don’t think it’s that unfair to give opportunities to players that dedicate themselves to other parts of the PvP side of game other than Arena and BGs to get some decent PvP gear through other means, as long as the offer remains small I don’t see any issues; and BMAH is a great example of that since it’s not only small but also requires a huge amount of time and effort to come up with that kind of gold.

It’s not that one piece that will end up making a big difference even if the player that ends up buying it from the BMAH is a top Arena player. Eventually everyone will be at the same gear level and things will get balanced, this is especially true now that we’ve introduced inflation to the team rating system where players will need to keep playing in order to increase their ratings and will not be able to camp a certain rating from the start of the season using any advantage the that the BMAH gear might have given them.